Williams’ Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 15e (Williams’ Essentials of Nutrition & Diet Therapy) 15th Edition
by Staci Nix McIntosh MS RD CD (Author)
For concise, need-to-know coverage of the most up-to-date topics and research in nutritional care turn to Williams’ Basic Nutrition & Diet Therapy, 15th Edition. This market leading text provides coverage of hot topics, emerging trends, and cutting-edge research, plus all the essentials for providing the best nutrition care. And with its conversational writing style, vivid illustrations, and wide array of reader-friendly features you can easily understand how the concepts in the book can be applied in clinical practice.
- Case studies with accompanying questions for analysis in the clinical care chapters focus your attention on related patient care problems.
- Cultural Considerations boxes discuss how a patient’s culture can affect nutritional concepts in practice.
- Clinical Applications and For Further Focus boxes highlight timely topics and analyze concepts and trends in depth.
- Bulleted chapter summaries review highlights from the chapter and help you see how the chapter contributes to the book’s “big picture.”
- Diet therapy guidelines include recommendations, restrictions, and sample diets for major clinical conditions.
- Drug-Nutrient Interactions boxes highlight important safety information and cover topics such as nutritional supplements for athletics, drugs interfering with vitamin absorption, and over-the-counter weight loss aids.
- Key terms and definitions clarify terminology and concepts critical to your understanding and application of the material.
- NEW! Completely updated content incorporate the recently released 2015 dietary guidelines, Healthy People objectives, nutrition labels, common weight-loss diets, FDA/CDC statistics/warnings regarding trans fatty acids, disordered eating, and more.
- NEW! New chapter review questions reflect the latest NCLEX Exam format. Answers to these questions will appear in the appendix.
- NEW! Rewritten chapters on clinical nutrition take a more application-based approach and feature clarified explanations, enhanced readability, a focus on the most relevant and practical information, and new topics such as energy expenditure calculations, water balance, cirrhosis complications, diet plans for diabetes, and more.
- NEW! Updated Nutrition and Physical Fitness chapter written by sport dietitian Kary Woodruff reflects the latest research in the field, including new questionnaires used for exercise readiness, current recommendations for energy needs, and nutritional considerations for athletic performance.
- NEW! Updated Weight Management chapter written by certified adult weight management dietitian Theresa Dvorak reflects the latest research in the field, including the role of genetics, disordered eating, treatments for obesity, and more.