Thompson & Thompson Genetics in Medicine: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 7e (Thompson and Thompson Genetics in Medicine) 7th Edition
by Robert L. Nussbaum MD FACP FACMG (Author), Roderick R. McInnes CM MD PhD FRS(C) FCAHS FCCMG (Author), Huntington F Willard PhD (Author)
Through six editions, Thompson & Thompson’s Genetics in Medicine has been a well-established favorite textbook on this fascinating and rapidly evolving field, integrating the classic principles of human genetics with modern molecular genetics to help you understand a wide range of genetic disorders. The 7th edition incorporates the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, and much more. More than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos help you grasp complex concepts more easily. In addition to the book, you will also receive STUDENT CONSULT, enabling you to access the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you go!
- Acquire the state-of-the-art knowledge you need on the latest advances in molecular diagnostics, the Human Genome Project, pharmacogenetics, and bio-informatics.
- Better understand the relationship between basic genetics and clinical medicine with a variety of clinical case studies.
- Recognize a wide range of genetic disorders with visual guidance from more than 240 dynamic illustrations and high-quality photos.
- Access the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable with STUDENT CONSULT. You’ll find “Integration Links” to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles · content clipping for handheld devices · an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources · quarterly updates on the material · USMLE questions · and much more!
- A new chapter on molecular diagnostics, and new information on the Human Genome Project, Pharmacogenetics, and Bio-informatics give you the most up-to-date genetics information
- An increased number of case studies
- Brand-new, more dynamic illustrations help with visualisation
- Bonus access to STUDENT CONSULT! At www.studentconsult.com, you’ll find:
- The complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable
- Downloadable image bank, perfect for essays and presentations
- 50 free “Integration Links” to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles
- Content clipping for handheld devices
- An interactive community centre with a wealth of additional resources, and much more
- Quarterly updates on the material
- USMLE questions