The APRN’s Complete Guide to Prescribing Drug Therapy
by CNE Wirfs, Mari J., PhD, MN, APRN, ANP-BC, FNP-BC (Author)
Written for APRN students and practitioners who prescribe drugs for acute, episodic, and chronic health problems, this unique reference comes with an ebook and regular digital updates. It provides state-of-the-art guidance about appropriate pharmacotherapy options and treatment regimens for over 500 diagnoses in a concise, easy-to-use format. Comments deliver such useful information as laboratory values to monitor, patient teaching points, and safety information.
To facilitate access to vital information, the guide presents clinical diagnoses alphabetically. Within each diagnosis, appropriate drug choices are listed by generic name, with FDA pregnancy category, generic or over-the-counter availability, adult/pediatric dosing regimens, brand names, dose forms, and information regarding additives. Thirty appendices provide quick access to key drug classifications, FDA Pregnancy Categories, U.S. Schedule of Controlled Substances, Immunization Schedules, and much more. An alphabetical cross-referenced index of drugs by generic and brand names, with FDA pregnancy category and controlled drug schedule, facilitates quick identification of drugs by alternate names and safety during pregnancy.
- Presents information in concise format for speedy drug information retrieval
- Organized alphabetically by over 500 diagnoses
- Lists drug choices by generic name, FDA pregnancy category, availability of generic and trade forms, adult/pediatric dosing, dose forms, and additives
- Highlights clinically important information (lab values to be monitored, patient education points, and safety information)
- Includes 30 appendix tables for quick access to key drug classifications, FDA pregnancy categories, Schedule of Controlled Substances, and more
- Provides generic/trade name cross reference