Physiology: with STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 4e (Costanzo Physiology) 4th Edition
by Linda S. Costanzo PhD (Author)
Physiology is a comprehensive presentation of core physiologic concepts with a focus on mechanisms. Renowned physiology instructor Linda S. Costanzo covers important concepts in the field, both at the organ system and cellular levels. Easy to read and user-friendly, the revised fourth edition stresses essential and relevant content with absolute clarity and includes concise step-by-step explanations complemented by numerous tables and abundant illustrations. It provides information on the underlying principles of cellular physiology, the autonomic nervous system, and neurophysiology, as well as the cardiovascular, respiratory, renal, acid-base, gastrointestinal, endocrine, and reproductive organ systems. This book is ideal as both a textbook and as a review guide for the boards.
- Provides step-by-step explanations and easy-to-follow diagrams clearly depicting physiologic principles.
- Integrates equations and sample problems throughout the text.
- Presents chapter summaries for quick overviews of important points.
- Contains boxed Clinical Physiology Cases to provide you with more clinical examples and a more thorough understanding of application.
- Provides questions at the end of each chapter for an extensive review of the material and to reinforce your understanding and retention.
- Offers a full-color design and all full-color illustrations throughout.
- Features access to www.studentconsult.com – where you’ll find…the entire fully searchable contents online, plus high-yield student FAQs with thorough explanations; integration links to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles; and more.
- Features increased coverage of pathophysiology in the neurophysiology, gastrointestinal, renal, acid-base, and endocrine chapters to emphasize this important component of the USMLE exam.
- Incorporates further practice in solving physiology equations through the inclusion of additional problem-solving questions throughout the text.