Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach 11th Edition
by Joseph DiPiro (Author)
Presented in full color, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 11th Edition helps you deliver the highest-quality patient care through evidence-based medication therapy derived from sound pharmacotherapeutic principles. It takes you beyond drug indications and dosages, showing how to properly select, administer, and monitor drugs―everything you need to provide safe, effective drug therapy across all therapeutic categories. With all-new monitoring tables and authoritative content from 300 expert contributors, this new edition has been fully updated to reflect the latest evidence-based information and recommendations. You’ll find Key Concepts at the beginning of each chapter, Clinical Presentation tables that summarize disease signs and symptoms, and Clinical Controversies boxes that examine the complicated issues faced by students and clinicians in providing drug therapy.
Why Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is perfect for students, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers:
• All chapters provide the most current, reliable, and relevant information available.
• Key concepts kick off every chapter.
• Clinical Presentation Tables summarize disease signs and symptoms.
• The majority of sections include personalized pharmacotherapy content.
• Clinical Controversies Boxes clarify the most complex drug therapy issues you’ll face.
• Diagnostic flow diagrams, treatment algorithms, dosing recommendations, and monitoring approaches have been updated in full color to distinguish treatment pathways.
• Most disease-oriented chapters are enhanced by updated evidence-based treatment guidelines, which often include ratings of the level of evidence to support key therapeutic approaches.
• Instructors who adopt this text are eligible for a PowerPoint presentation of all images and answers to Self-Assessment Questions!
The most trusted guide of its kind for decades, Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach is the go-to text for students and practitioners seeking clear, objective coverage of core pathophysiologic and therapeutic elements.