Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review, Third Edition 3rd Edition
by Stephen C. Hauser (Editor), Darrell S. Pardi (Editor), John J. Poterucha (Editor)
Written by an experienced and dedicated team of Mayo Clinic gastroenterologists and hepatologists, this newly expanded and updated Third Edition of the best-selling Mayo Clinic Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is the go-to comprehensive resource for a complete scope of essential knowledge in all areas of gastroenterology and hepatology and in the related areas of pathology, endoscopy, nutrition, and radiology.
The new edition is an easy-to-use, case-based text expertly designed for those preparing to take the gastroenterology board examination and for gastroenterologists in need of recertification. Medical students and residents in the areas of internal medicine and gastroenterology, gastroenterology fellows, and physicians seeking a practical and comprehensive review of gastroenterology and hepatology will also benefit from this stand-alone guide.
New features in the Third Edition include:
- Several new multiple-choice questions and answers addressing the growing areas of concern in gastroenterology and hepatology
- 12 substantially updated and revised chapters by new authors who provide fresh, cutting-edge perspectives
- A new chapter on drug-induced liver injury
- Increased emphasis on case-based learning, which is critical to superior diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to patient care
- The addition of more than 100 high-quality color photographs
- Content that is organized by subspecialty areas, including esophageal, gastroduodenal, and colonic disorders, small-bowel disease and nutrition, pancreaticobiliary and liver diseases, and other miscellaneous disorders
- An abundance of additional new material appropriate for the board review and practice