ON-LINE PreTest: Histology
ON-LINE Lippincott’s illustrated Q & A review of histology features of this illustrated histology text include:
Multiple choice questions that follow the USMLE template. Each vignette is followed by a question stem that addresses a key concept in cell biology/histology.
- Answer choices appear homogeneous and are listed alphabetically to avoid unintended cueing.
- Explanations are linked to the clinical vignettes and address key concepts. Incorrect answers are explained in context.
- Over 480 full-color images illustrate important histologic features and highlight the complexity of life.
- Tissues with similar histological features are compared, providing a challenging comprehensive review.
- Side-by-side comparisons of normal tissue and histopathology provide a bridge to clinical problem solving and diagnostic pathology.
We hope that this illustrated review of histology will help students appreciate the complexity and beauty of human form and function. We also hope that our selection of images and questions will help future generations of health professionals think critically and make informed decisions. One way that students can practice critical thinking is to formulate their own questions concerning tissue organization and mechanisms of disease. We are mindful of the words of James Thurber, who penned, “It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.” We wish our students success in their life-long learning adventure. Have fun with your basic science training and never stop learning.