Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine, 7e (Kumar, Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine) 7th Edition – Part – 2
by Parveen Kumar CBE BSc MD FRCP FRCP(Edin) (Editor), Michael L Clark MD FRCP (Editor)
The 7th edition of Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine is a thoroughly updated, reworked and revised new edition of the first-prize winner in the Medicine category in the BMA 2006 Medical Book Competition. It is the market-leading comprehensive and authoritative single-volume textbook of internal medicine, consulted by students and doctors alike throughout the world. Covering the management of disease, based on an understanding of scientific principles, and including the latest developments in treatment, it is written for medical students and doctors preparing for specialist exams, but it is an ideal general reference text for all practising doctors. The new edition is part of Elsevier’s StudentConsult electronic community. StudentConsult titles come with full text online, a unique image library, case studies, questions and answers, online note-taking, and integration links to content in other disciplines – ideal for problem-based learning.
- Colour-coded chapters make the book attractive and easy to navigate.
- Drawings and photographs bring the subjects to life.
- Boxes and tables pull out and display important information.
- Clear headings and a comprehensive index allow the reader to pinpoint information quickly and accurately.
- The online version has been extended and updated as part of the Student Consult platform.
- Over 100 new illustrations.
- Five new contributors.
- Thoroughly updated, rewritten and revised to reflect changes in practice and approach.
- Online version with extra content, including animations and sounds, and fuller treatments of regionally specific medical problems such as malaria, SARS, TB, viral haemorrhagic (dengue) fever, leprosy, snake bite etc.
- Expanded input from the International Advisory Panel of experts from around the world, augmenting the book’s international scope.