Introduction to Dental Materials 4th Edition
by Richard Van Noort BSc DPhil DSc FAD FRSA
Now published with an accompanying on-line self-assessment module, the latest edition of this highly successful textbook presents the core information required for students of dental material science. Designed specifically for BDS exam and equivalent candidates, this book is also suitable for post-graduate students and practitioners with an interest in the field.
- Characterized by an accessible and friendly style, providing ‘need to know’ information only – perfect for the busy student!
- Rich with pull-out boxes, tables, line artworks and photographs
- Helps the reader recall the underlying basis of the subject – essential facts relating to chemical bonding, metals, ceramics and polymers
- Ideal preparation for clinical practice – equips the reader with the information required to safely assess the potential of new dental materials
- Explains the terminology used in the description of material behaviour
- Explores the use of clinical dental materials including resin bonding to enamel and dentine, impression materials, the principles of adhesion as well as issues relating to pulpal protection and the use of post-core endodontic systems
- Describes the use of laboratory and related dental materials to enable better communication with the laboratory team
- Accompanied by an ALL NEW ON-LINE SELF-ASSESSMENT MODULE to provide essential exam practice for all BDS candidates and those taking equivalent exams
- Includes updated coverage of recent developments in dental biomaterials, including endodontic materials, digital impressions and a useful new chapter on nanotechnology in dentistry
- Reflects the growing need to be aware of the safety aspects of dental materials and the care that has to be taken when sourcing materials from across the world
- Fully updated and now published in full colour throughout!