Fundamentals of Children’s Applied Pathophysiology: An Essential Guide for Nursing and Healthcare Students
de Elizabeth Gormley-Fleming
Fundamentals of Children’s Applied Pathophysiology introduces nursing and healthcare students to the pathophysiology of the child, and offers an applied full-colour visual approach throughout. Explaining the anatomy of the human body, and the effects of disease or illness on normal physiology, it enables the reader to develop the understanding, knowledge, and skills required to know how to respond and provide safe and effective high-quality care to children and their families.
- Written by an experienced author team
- Filled with superb full-colour illustrations
- Packed with learning features, including key words, test-your-knowledge, exercises, further reading, and learning outcomes
- Includes case studies to help readers understand how to apply the knowledge in clinical practice
- Contains links to clinical observations, vital signs to look out for, investigations boxes, red flags to indicate essential information to be aware of when providing care, and medication alerts
Fundamentals of Children’s Applied Pathophysiology is an ideal book for pre-registration nursing students, including child and adult nurses, as well as for all healthcare professionals who come into contact with children and their families.