Defining Optimal Immunotherapies for Type 1 Diabetes (Novartis Foundation Symposia) 1st Edition
by Gregory R. Bock (Editor), Jamie A. Goode (Editor)
- This book is a comprehensive and up-to-date account of where we stand in immunological strategies for preventing or treating type 1 diabetes (T1D).
- Brings together contributions from the leaders in the arena of clinical immunotherapy, not limited to the diabetes field exclusively, in order to delineate a road-map that would lead to future clinical trials.
- The book integrates information from human and animal studies.
- The book considers T1D within the broader context of autoimmune disease.
- The format contains several discussions, which address specific questions and provides guidelines for future strategies and solutions for discovering a cure.