Chronic Renal Disease
by Paul L. Kimmel
Chronic Renal Disease, Second Edition, comprehensively investigates the physiology, pathophysiology, treatment and management of chronic kidney disease (CKD). This translational reference takes an in-depth look at CKD with no coverage of dialysis or transplantation. Chapters are devoted to the scientific investigation of chronic kidney disease, the most common problems faced by nephrologists in the management of chronic kidney disease, specific illnesses in the CKD framework, and how the management of CKD in a polycystic kidney disease patient differs from other CKD patients. This award-winning reference features a series of case studies, covering both clinical aspects and pathophysiology. Questions are open ended, progressively more difficult, and repetitive across different patient clinical problems and different chapters. The cases and questions included will be useful for medical students, residency board reviews, and clinician teaching or conference preparation.
- Includes case studies and questions which can be used as a teaching tool for medical students and resident
- Provides coverage of classification and measurement, epidemiology, pathophysiology, complications of CKD, fluid/electrolyte disorders in CKD, CKD and systemic illnesses, clinical considerations, therapeutic considerations, and special considerations
Urologic Surgical Pathology
by Liang Cheng MD
Offering comprehensive coverage of this fast-changing field for more than 20 years,Urologic Surgical Pathologyisan expert guide to all common and rare entities in the genitourinary system . The 4th Edition keeps you fully up to date with discussions of newly recognized tumors and terminologies, the latest classification schemes, current grading approaches, molecular alterations, and commonly used ancillary diagnostic techniques. With itsclinical focus on day-to-day urological pathology sign-out and an emphasis on clinicopathologic and radiographic-pathologic correlations, this thoroughly revised uropathology reference is an excellent resource for diagnostic decision making.
Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery 4th Edition
by Mark D. Walters MD (Author), Mickey M. Karram MD (Author)
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery presents definitive, state-of-the-art guidance on every aspect of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), equipping you to make the best clinical decisions and optimize outcomes. Its easily accessible format is uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process -- from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. This practical, clinically oriented text is an ideal resource for OB/GYNs and Urologists as well as subspecialists in FPMRS, providing the latest information on procedures and available research regarding the evaluation and treatment of the growing number of patients presenting with these types of conditions.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with a new section on surgical complications and their management; important new discussions on the psychosocial issues associated with treating patients with female pelvic floor disorders; and a new focus on female sexual function and dysfunction.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with personal techniques and tips from leading experts.
- Put concepts into practice. Case presentations from leading experts in FPMRS allow the reader to apply the information presented to everyday clinical situations.
- Effectively detect, prevent and treat common female pelvic floor disorders including stress incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, defecation disorders, painful bladder and irritative voiding disorders, and urinary tract infection.
- Get a true-to-life view of each procedure through full-color, crisp illustrations that illuminate every detail and nuance.
- Stay current the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and 9 NEW chapters: Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital and Urinary Tracts l Physiology of the Pelvic Muscles, Vagina and Ano-Rectum l Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction l Multichannel-Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Video and Ambulatory Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Hysteropexy l Avoiding and Managing Lower Urinary Tract Injuries During Pelvic Surgery l Managing Mesh and other Vaginal Complications after Surgeries for Incontinence and Prolapse l and Surgical Management of Detrusor Compliance Abnormalities.
- Master urodynamic testing with step-by-step instructions on basic evaluation as well as the evaluation of complex cases with videourodynamics.
- Know what to do and expect with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, and clear full-color surgical illustrations as well as evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies.
Smith and Tanagho’s General Urology, 19th Edition
by Jack W. McAninch
Smith & Tanagho’s General Urology, Nineteenth Edition offers a complete overview of the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders managed by urologic surgeons. This trusted classic delivers a clear, concise presentation of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of all major urologic conditions. The well-organized, user-friendly design makes relevant clinical information and management guidelines easy to find and simple to implement. •NEW full-color presentation •High-yield descriptions of the latest diagnostic modalities and management protocols •More than 1,000 illustrations and figures, including CT scans, radionuclide imaging scans, and x-rays •NEW chapters on female urology and pediatric urology •Ideal for residents and medical students who require a concise and comprehensive reference •Great for board preparation
Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology Twelfth Edition Review 3rd Edition
by Alan J. Wein (Author, Editor), Thomas F. Kolon (Author),
With new and updated questions based on Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology 12th Edition content, this comprehensive review covers all the core material you need to know for board exam preparation and MOC exams. From basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, more than 3,000 questions with detailed answers help you master the most important elements in urology. The high-yield, bulleted format and identical chapter structure as the parent text are designed for efficient, effective, targeted review—providing exactly the information you need for exam success
- Keeps you up to date with key topics covered in Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology 12th Edition, such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; advances in imaging modalities., and much more.
- Covers new material on urinary tract imaging, complications of urologic surgery, urologic considerations in pregnancy, urologic considerations in transgender individuals, and more.
- Provides more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions and detailed answers, including highlighted "must-know" points in the answer explanations.
- Includes additional study points at the end of each chapter, as well as new pathology and imaging sections (with review questions) in relevant chapters.
- Features interactive questions, self-assessment tools, an extensive image bank, and more on Expert Consult.
- Helps you prepare for the written boards and MOC exams with confidence! This reliable, efficient review tool is written by the same team that has made Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology the preeminent text in the field.
Campbell Walsh Wein Urology: 3-Volume Set 12th Edition
by Alan W. Partin (Author), Alan J. Wein (Author), Louis R. Kavoussi (Author),
From the basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology offers a depth and breadth of coverage you won’t find in any other urology reference. Now in three manageable volumes, the revised 12th Edition is a must-have text for students, residents, and seasoned practitioners, with authoritative, up-to-date content in an intuitively organized, easy-to-read format featuring key points, quick-reference tables, and handy algorithms throughout.
- Features shorter, more practical chapters that help you find key information quickly.
- Includes new chapters on Urinary Tract Imaging: Basic Principles of Nuclear Medicine · Ethics and Informed Consent · Incisions and Access · Complications of Urologic Surgery · Urologic Considerations in Pregnancy · Intraoperative Consultation · Special Urologic Considerations in Transgender Individuals · and more.
- Covers hot topics such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; and advances in imaging modalities.
- Incorporates current AUA/EAU guidelines in each chapter as appropriate
- Updates all chapters with new content, new advances, and current references and best practices. Extensively updated chapters include Urological Immunotherapy, Minimally Invasive Urinary Diversion, and Updated Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer.
- Features more than 175 video clips, including all-new videos on perineal ultrasound, abdominoplasty in prune belly syndrome, partial penectomy, low dose rate brachytherapy, and many more.
- Written and edited by key opinion leaders, reflecting essential changes and controversies in the field.
Viva Practice for the FRCS (Urol) and Postgraduate Urology Examinations 2nd Edition
This is the first revision book to be published specifically for candidates sitting the FRCS(Urol) examination, which tests the required standard of a recognised Urology specialist. It provides a selection of common clinical scenarios together with a guide to answering the FRCS(Urol) questions. Each chapter is written by Consultant Urological Surge
Urologic Surgical Pathology 4th Edition
by Liang Cheng MD
Offering comprehensive coverage of this fast-changing field for more than 20 years, Urologic Surgical Pathology is an expert guide to all common and rare entities in the genitourinary system. The 4th Edition keeps you fully up to date with discussions of newly recognized tumors and terminologies, the latest classification schemes, current grading approaches, molecular alterations, and commonly used ancillary diagnostic techniques. With its clinical focus on day-to-day urological pathology sign-out and an emphasis on clinicopathologic and radiographic-pathologic correlations, this thoroughly revised uropathology reference is an excellent resource for diagnostic decision making.
- Includes expanded coverage of differential diagnosis for all tumor types encountered in urological surgical pathology practice.
- Incorporates the latest TNM staging and WHO classification systems, as well as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, newly described variants and new histologic entities.
- Discusses advances in molecular diagnostic testing, its capabilities, and its limitations, including targeted therapy/personalized medicine.
- Covers new developments in immunohistochemistry and the latest diagnostic tumor markers.
- Features more than 1,600 high-quality images – all in color – including gross pictures, histopathologic and cytopathologic images, special stains, other ancillaries, drawings, and illustrations.
- Helps you find information quickly with a consistent chapter format; an abundance of tables, diagrams and flowcharts; boxed lists of types and causes of diseases; differential diagnosis; characteristic features of diseases; complications; classifications; and staging.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Clinical Companion in Nephrology 2nd Edition
by Jack Fairweather
The second edition of this educational book provides an updated resource on how best to discuss and manage acute and chronic presentations of renal diseases. All chapters have been reviewed and updated to reflect changes which directly affect clinical practice and new chapters have been added including Dialysis and Poisoning, Urinalysis/Microscopy and Renal Biopsy. Chapters now include information on key clinical trials for management strategiesAllowing for concise reading on specific topics this book acts as both a quick reference text and study guide. The layout has been designed in a question and answer format in order to promote self-directed learning. Images and diagrams have been further standardized and improved for the new edition and remain a key feature of the book.Clinical Companion in Nephrology, second edition, is an invaluable resource for junior doctors, medical students and renal nurses who encounter renal patients in their daily practice.
Viva Practice for the FRCS(Urol) and Postgraduate Urology Examinations
This is the first revision book to be published specifically for candidates sitting the FRCS(Urol) examination, which tests the required standard of a recognised Urology specialist. It provides a selection of common clinical scenarios together with a guide to answering the FRCS(Urol) questions. Each chapter is written by Consultant Urological Surgeons or Senior Urology Trainees who have already been successful in passing the examination. This second edition responds to continual changes in practice: The chapters on urological cancers including prostate cancer, bladder cancer and renal cancer have important updates due to emergence of new evidence and changes in NICE, EAU and AUA guidelines. Substantial revisions to other sections such as paediatric urology, female urology, urinary stone disease, benign prostatic hyperplasia and uro-technology to meet standards of current best practice. Adds an extra chapter on the TNM classification