Atlas of Urogynecological Endoscopy
by Peter L. Dwyer
The study of gynecology and pelvic floor disorders is a rapidly developing area for gynecologists all around the world; and, moreover, an essential aspect to the diagnosis and treatment of pelvic floor disorders is a need for expertise in cystourethroscopy to accurately diagnose conditions of the lower urinary tract that frequently present to the gynecologists. However, gynecologists have little training or expertise in the use of cystourethroscopy and therefore often do not feel comfortable in performing this procedure or distinguishing what is normal from what is abnormal. An excellent guide for educating gynecologists in endoscopy of the urinary tract, this highly illustrated text addresses this need and provides readers with a full understanding of the equipment that is used, how it is used and the conditions of the lower urinary tract they may find in the treatment of pelvic disorders.
Urologic An issue of Salvage therapies for Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
by Badrinath Konety
Together with Consulting Editor Dr. Samir Taneja, Dr. Badrinath Konety has put together a comprehensive issue that addresses Salvage therapies for Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer. Expert authors have contributed clinical review articles on the following topics: BCG salvage therapy: Definition and context; Who will respond to BCG? Predictors and nomograms; Identification of candidates for salvage therapy: Definition of BCG "Failure; Predictors of response to Intravesical therapy; Precision medicine for NMIBC; Salvage therapy using BCG derivatives or single agent chemotherapy; Intravesical heated Mitomycin: Biology and clinical utility; Mitomycin derivatives in the salvage setting; Combination intravesical therapy; Intravesical gene therapy; Immunoncology as salvage therapy; Role of IDO inhibitors in salvage therapy; and Novel agents for intravesical therapy. Readers will come away with the clinical information they need to improve outcomes in patients with bladder cancer.
by Wooin Ahn
Pocket Nephrology is a practical, high-yield reference offering current, evidence-based practices and expert guidance from physicians at the world-renowned Columbia University Medical Center. Featuring an easy-to-use loose-leaf format, it can be used as a portable diagnosis and treatment reference, as a quick dosage check, as a review for complex glomerular diseases and acid–base physiology, and for board preparation.
Oxford Textbook of Urological Surgery
by Freddie C. Hamdy
Offering a comprehensive guide, the Oxford Textbook of Urological Surgery is a practical resource mapped to the curriculum for urological training as approved by the General Medical Council (GMC), making it particularly useful in preparation for the Intercollegiate Examination. Presented in a clear and accessible way, this evidence based volume covers all major areas, including functional urology, stone disease, infection, andrology, nephrology, transplantation, uroradiology, and paediatric urology. This highly illustrated full colour textbook has an innovative and user-friendly style, including over 500 photographs, clinical images, and line drawings. Bringing together the expertise of over 100 specialist contributors in the field, the Oxford Textbook of Urological Surgery is a highly valuable source of information, and will become the standard reference text for all who study urological disease and its treatment.
Lecture Notes Nephrology: A Comprehensive Guide to Renal Medicine
by Surjit Tarafdar
Lecture Notes: Nephrology is a concise introduction to the fundamental principles of nephrology. An ideal study guide for medical trainees, this accessible resource combines the depth of a textbook with the accessibility of a handbook. Succinct chapters describe the clinical implications of renal physiology, examine major renal disorders and diseases, and explain a wide range of management and treatment options. A new addition to the popular Lecture Notes series, this handbook provides trainees in nephrology with core subject knowledge and enables medical students to gain a more comprehensive understanding of this complex specialty.
- Offers clear, easy-to-understand coverage of all relevant nephrology topics
- Includes MCQs and discussion around the answers, ideal for those preparing for written Internal Medicine examinations, including the certification examination of the American Board of Internal Medicine, the UK-based MRCP and the Australia and New Zealand-based FRACP examinations
- Features chapter summaries and numerous infographics, tables and figures
- Emphasises core management skills needed by medical students and junior doctors
- Is presented in the consistent and well-recognised Lecture Notes format
Medical Semiology Guide of the Renal System
by Manuela Stoicescu
Medical Semiology Guide of the Renal System provides a comprehensive understanding of medical semiology in the renal system. Highly illustrated with many original images from the author’s daily medical practice, the book highlights all signs of diseases and important semiological maneuvers in the field. Each chapter incorporates a specific questionnaire with important questions that should be asked to patients in different situations to obtain valuable information that helps identify rare and unusual diseases. This unique feature of the book aims to facilitate the learning process among medical students, while also acting as a quick reference guide for clinicians in practice.
- Contains comprehensive coverage of medical semiology for proper patient diagnosis
- Presents original, real-world clinical cases that are gleaned from 15 years of the author's medical practice
- Contains visual and diagnostic aides in the form of original images that present rare, special situation and difficult to find diseases
Campbell-Walsh Urology 4-Volume Set
by Alan W. Partin
Internationally lauded as the preeminent text in the field, Campbell-Walsh Urology continues to offer the most comprehensive coverage of every aspect of urology. Perfect for urologists, residents, and practicing physicians alike, this updated text highlights all of the essential concepts necessary for every stage of your career, from anatomy and physiology through the latest diagnostic approaches and medical and surgical treatments.
- The predominant reference used by The American Board of Urology for its examination questions.
- Algorithms, photographs, radiographs, and line drawings illustrate essential concepts, nuances of clinical presentations and techniques, and decision making.
- Key Points boxes and algorithms further expedite review.
- Features hundreds of well-respected global contributors at the top of their respective fields.
- A total of 22 new chapters, including Evaluation and Management of Men with Urinary Incontinence; Minimally-Invasive Urinary Diversion; Complications Related to the Use of Mesh and Their Repair; Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer; Adolescent and Transitional Urology; Principles of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in Children; Pediatric Urogenital Imaging; and Functional Disorders of the Lower Urinary Tract in Children.
- Previous edition chapters have been substantially revised and feature such highlights as new information on prostate cancer screening, management of non–muscle invasive bladder cancer, and urinary tract infections in children.
- Includes new guidelines on interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome, uro-trauma, and medical management of kidney stone disease.
- Anatomy chapters have been expanded and reorganized for ease of access.
- Boasts an increased focus on robotic surgery, image-guided diagnostics and treatment, and guidelines-based medicine.
- Medicine eBook is accessible on a variety of devices.