Oxford Textbook of Urological Surgery
by Freddie C. Hamdy
Offering a comprehensive guide, the Oxford Textbook of Urological Surgery is a practical resource mapped to the curriculum for urological training as approved by the General Medical Council (GMC), making it particularly useful in preparation for the Intercollegiate Examination. Presented in a clear and accessible way, this evidence based volume covers all major areas, including functional urology, stone disease, infection, andrology, nephrology, transplantation, uroradiology, and paediatric urology. This highly illustrated full colour textbook has an innovative and user-friendly style, including over 500 photographs, clinical images, and line drawings. Bringing together the expertise of over 100 specialist contributors in the field, the Oxford Textbook of Urological Surgery is a highly valuable source of information, and will become the standard reference text for all who study urological disease and its treatment.
Lecture Notes Nephrology: A Comprehensive Guide to Renal Medicine
by Surjit Tarafdar
Lecture Notes: Nephrology is a concise introduction to the fundamental principles of nephrology. An ideal study guide for medical trainees, this accessible resource combines the depth of a textbook with the accessibility of a handbook. Succinct chapters describe the clinical implications of renal physiology, examine major renal disorders and diseases, and explain a wide range of management and treatment options. A new addition to the popular Lecture Notes series, this handbook provides trainees in nephrology with core subject knowledge and enables medical students to gain a more comprehensive understanding of this complex specialty.
- Offers clear, easy-to-understand coverage of all relevant nephrology topics
- Includes MCQs and discussion around the answers, ideal for those preparing for written Internal Medicine examinations, including the certification examination of the American Board of Internal Medicine, the UK-based MRCP and the Australia and New Zealand-based FRACP examinations
- Features chapter summaries and numerous infographics, tables and figures
- Emphasises core management skills needed by medical students and junior doctors
- Is presented in the consistent and well-recognised Lecture Notes format
Medical Semiology Guide of the Renal System
by Manuela Stoicescu
Medical Semiology Guide of the Renal System provides a comprehensive understanding of medical semiology in the renal system. Highly illustrated with many original images from the author’s daily medical practice, the book highlights all signs of diseases and important semiological maneuvers in the field. Each chapter incorporates a specific questionnaire with important questions that should be asked to patients in different situations to obtain valuable information that helps identify rare and unusual diseases. This unique feature of the book aims to facilitate the learning process among medical students, while also acting as a quick reference guide for clinicians in practice.
- Contains comprehensive coverage of medical semiology for proper patient diagnosis
- Presents original, real-world clinical cases that are gleaned from 15 years of the author's medical practice
- Contains visual and diagnostic aides in the form of original images that present rare, special situation and difficult to find diseases
Campbell-Walsh Urology 4-Volume Set
by Alan W. Partin
Internationally lauded as the preeminent text in the field, Campbell-Walsh Urology continues to offer the most comprehensive coverage of every aspect of urology. Perfect for urologists, residents, and practicing physicians alike, this updated text highlights all of the essential concepts necessary for every stage of your career, from anatomy and physiology through the latest diagnostic approaches and medical and surgical treatments.
- The predominant reference used by The American Board of Urology for its examination questions.
- Algorithms, photographs, radiographs, and line drawings illustrate essential concepts, nuances of clinical presentations and techniques, and decision making.
- Key Points boxes and algorithms further expedite review.
- Features hundreds of well-respected global contributors at the top of their respective fields.
- A total of 22 new chapters, including Evaluation and Management of Men with Urinary Incontinence; Minimally-Invasive Urinary Diversion; Complications Related to the Use of Mesh and Their Repair; Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer; Adolescent and Transitional Urology; Principles of Laparoscopic and Robotic Surgery in Children; Pediatric Urogenital Imaging; and Functional Disorders of the Lower Urinary Tract in Children.
- Previous edition chapters have been substantially revised and feature such highlights as new information on prostate cancer screening, management of non–muscle invasive bladder cancer, and urinary tract infections in children.
- Includes new guidelines on interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome, uro-trauma, and medical management of kidney stone disease.
- Anatomy chapters have been expanded and reorganized for ease of access.
- Boasts an increased focus on robotic surgery, image-guided diagnostics and treatment, and guidelines-based medicine.
- Medicine eBook is accessible on a variety of devices.
Chronic Renal Disease
by Paul L. Kimmel
Chronic Renal Disease, Second Edition, comprehensively investigates the physiology, pathophysiology, treatment and management of chronic kidney disease (CKD). This translational reference takes an in-depth look at CKD with no coverage of dialysis or transplantation. Chapters are devoted to the scientific investigation of chronic kidney disease, the most common problems faced by nephrologists in the management of chronic kidney disease, specific illnesses in the CKD framework, and how the management of CKD in a polycystic kidney disease patient differs from other CKD patients. This award-winning reference features a series of case studies, covering both clinical aspects and pathophysiology. Questions are open ended, progressively more difficult, and repetitive across different patient clinical problems and different chapters. The cases and questions included will be useful for medical students, residency board reviews, and clinician teaching or conference preparation.
- Includes case studies and questions which can be used as a teaching tool for medical students and resident
- Provides coverage of classification and measurement, epidemiology, pathophysiology, complications of CKD, fluid/electrolyte disorders in CKD, CKD and systemic illnesses, clinical considerations, therapeutic considerations, and special considerations
Urologic Surgical Pathology
by Liang Cheng MD
Offering comprehensive coverage of this fast-changing field for more than 20 years,Urologic Surgical Pathologyisan expert guide to all common and rare entities in the genitourinary system . The 4th Edition keeps you fully up to date with discussions of newly recognized tumors and terminologies, the latest classification schemes, current grading approaches, molecular alterations, and commonly used ancillary diagnostic techniques. With itsclinical focus on day-to-day urological pathology sign-out and an emphasis on clinicopathologic and radiographic-pathologic correlations, this thoroughly revised uropathology reference is an excellent resource for diagnostic decision making.
Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery 4th Edition
by Mark D. Walters MD (Author), Mickey M. Karram MD (Author)
Edited and authored by some of the most respected figures in the field, Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery presents definitive, state-of-the-art guidance on every aspect of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (FPMRS), equipping you to make the best clinical decisions and optimize outcomes. Its easily accessible format is uniquely organized to reflect a physician's decision-making process -- from basic concepts through to clinical and urodynamic evaluation, management, and treatment. This practical, clinically oriented text is an ideal resource for OB/GYNs and Urologists as well as subspecialists in FPMRS, providing the latest information on procedures and available research regarding the evaluation and treatment of the growing number of patients presenting with these types of conditions.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with a new section on surgical complications and their management; important new discussions on the psychosocial issues associated with treating patients with female pelvic floor disorders; and a new focus on female sexual function and dysfunction.
- Prevent and plan for complications prior to a procedure thanks to a step-by-step approach to each procedure, complete with personal techniques and tips from leading experts.
- Put concepts into practice. Case presentations from leading experts in FPMRS allow the reader to apply the information presented to everyday clinical situations.
- Effectively detect, prevent and treat common female pelvic floor disorders including stress incontinence, overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, defecation disorders, painful bladder and irritative voiding disorders, and urinary tract infection.
- Get a true-to-life view of each procedure through full-color, crisp illustrations that illuminate every detail and nuance.
- Stay current the latest advancements and developments with sweeping updates and 9 NEW chapters: Congenital Anomalies of the Female Genital and Urinary Tracts l Physiology of the Pelvic Muscles, Vagina and Ano-Rectum l Female Sexual Function and Dysfunction l Multichannel-Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Video and Ambulatory Urodynamics: Indications, Techniques and Interpretation with Case Studies l Hysteropexy l Avoiding and Managing Lower Urinary Tract Injuries During Pelvic Surgery l Managing Mesh and other Vaginal Complications after Surgeries for Incontinence and Prolapse l and Surgical Management of Detrusor Compliance Abnormalities.
- Master urodynamic testing with step-by-step instructions on basic evaluation as well as the evaluation of complex cases with videourodynamics.
- Know what to do and expect with algorithmic approaches to common complaints, evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies, and clear full-color surgical illustrations as well as evidence-based assessments of appropriate therapies.
Smith and Tanagho’s General Urology, 19th Edition
by Jack W. McAninch
Smith & Tanagho’s General Urology, Nineteenth Edition offers a complete overview of the diagnosis and treatment of the diseases and disorders managed by urologic surgeons. This trusted classic delivers a clear, concise presentation of the etiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, differential diagnosis, and medical and surgical treatment of all major urologic conditions. The well-organized, user-friendly design makes relevant clinical information and management guidelines easy to find and simple to implement. •NEW full-color presentation •High-yield descriptions of the latest diagnostic modalities and management protocols •More than 1,000 illustrations and figures, including CT scans, radionuclide imaging scans, and x-rays •NEW chapters on female urology and pediatric urology •Ideal for residents and medical students who require a concise and comprehensive reference •Great for board preparation
Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology Twelfth Edition Review 3rd Edition
by Alan J. Wein (Author, Editor), Thomas F. Kolon (Author),
With new and updated questions based on Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology 12th Edition content, this comprehensive review covers all the core material you need to know for board exam preparation and MOC exams. From basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, more than 3,000 questions with detailed answers help you master the most important elements in urology. The high-yield, bulleted format and identical chapter structure as the parent text are designed for efficient, effective, targeted review—providing exactly the information you need for exam success
- Keeps you up to date with key topics covered in Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology 12th Edition, such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; advances in imaging modalities., and much more.
- Covers new material on urinary tract imaging, complications of urologic surgery, urologic considerations in pregnancy, urologic considerations in transgender individuals, and more.
- Provides more than 3,000 multiple-choice questions and detailed answers, including highlighted "must-know" points in the answer explanations.
- Includes additional study points at the end of each chapter, as well as new pathology and imaging sections (with review questions) in relevant chapters.
- Features interactive questions, self-assessment tools, an extensive image bank, and more on Expert Consult.
- Helps you prepare for the written boards and MOC exams with confidence! This reliable, efficient review tool is written by the same team that has made Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology the preeminent text in the field.