Respiratory Physiology: Mosby Physiology Series
by Michelle M. Cloutier MD
Gaina foundational understanding of respiratory physiology and how the respiratory system functions in health and disease.Respiratory Physiology , a volume in theMosby Physiology Series,explains the fundamentals of this complex subject in a clear and concise manner, while helping youbridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
Laboratory Manual for Human Anatomy & Physiology Main Version 4th Edition
by Terry Martin (Author)
Authors Terry Martin and Cynthia Prentice-Craver combine passion for and experience teaching human anatomy and physiology with a commitment to developing curricula that stimulates student curiosity and enthusiasm, which results in a laboratory manual with an innovative, hands-on approach that benefits students. The Laboratory Manual for Human Anatomy & Physiology includes a main version, a cat version, and a fetal pig version. Each of these includes sixty-three laboratory exercises, three supplemental labs found online, and six cat, or fetal pig, dissection labs in corresponding versions. All versions are written to work well with any anatomy and physiology text.
Big Picture Physiology-Medical Course and Step 1 Review
by Jonathan Kibble
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. Get the BIG PICTURE of medical physiology―with high yield content that makes learning easier and quicker than ever Packed with easy-to-understand bulleted copy focusing only on the facts you need to know, Medical Physiology: The Big Picture - Medical Course and Step 1 provides text and videos, all in one location to help the reader better comprehend content. This complete, yet concise treatment covers all the major topics in medical physiology. You’ll find chapters on neurophysiology, blood, cardiovascular physiology, pulmonary physiology, renal and acid base balance, the gastrointestinal system, the endocrine system, and reproductive physiology―each of which includes video. Here is everything you need to learn and review physiology quickly and efficiently. This invaluable resource features:
- 450 full-color figures illustrating essential processes
- 190 board exam-style questions and answers
- Complementary videos for every chapter (videos are in 4-7 minute segments)
- Special icons highlighting important clinical information
- High yield clinical pearls and clinical examples highlighting the relevance and application of physiologic concepts
- A full practice test organized by body system to allow either comprehensive testing or focused review.
Hole’s Human Anatomy & Physiology
by NA (Author)
ISBN: 9781260092820 is an International Edition of Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology 15th Edition. By David N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler and Ricki Lewis This ISBN 9781260092820 is student textbook only. It will not come with online access code. Online access code sold separately at other ISBN. The content of of this title on all formats are the same. Perfect for introductory level students, Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology assumes no prior science knowledge by focusing on the fundamentals. This new edition updates a great A&P classic while offering greater efficiencies to the user. The 15th edition focuses on helping students master core themes in anatomy and physiology, which are distilled down into key concepts and underlying mechanisms.
ISE Seeley’s Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
ISE Seeley's Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
Designed for the one-semester course, Seeley's Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology is written to allow instructors the ability to accomplish one overall goal: to teach the basics of A&P while fostering the skill of problem solving. Through learning how to solve problems and thinking critically, students learn A&P based on two themes: the relationship between structure and function, and homeostasis. Users who purchase Connect receive access to the full online eBook version of the textbook, as well as SmartBook.
Medical Physiology: The Big Picture
by Colby R. Halsey
Get the BIG PICTURE of Medical Physiology -- and focus on what you really need to know to ace the course and board exams! 4-Star Doody's Review! "This excellent, no-frills approach to physiology concepts is designed to help medical students and other health professions students review the basic concepts associated with physiology for the medical profession. The information is concise, accurate and timely." If you don't have unlimited study time Medical Physiology: The Big Picture is exactly what you need! With an emphasis on what you “need to know” versus “what's nice to know,” and enhanced with 450 full-color illustrations, it offers a focused, streamlined overview of medical physiology. You'll find a succinct, user-friendly presentation designed to make even the most complex concepts understandable in a short amount of time. With just the right balance of information to give you the edge at exam time, this unique combination text and atlas features:
- A “Big Picture” perspective on precisely what you must know to ace your course work and board exams
- Coverage of all the essential areas of Physiology, including General, Neurophysiology, Blood, Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, Renal and Acid Base, Gastrointestinal, and Reproductive
- 450 labeled and explained full-color illustrations
- 190 board exam-style questions and answers -- including a complete practice test at the end of the book
- Special icon highlights important clinical information
Mader’s Understanding Human Anatomy & Physiology 9th Edition
by Susannah Longenbaker (Author)
Renowned for her effective learning systems, respected author Sylvia Mader has helped thousands of entry-level students understand and enjoy the principles of human anatomy and physiology. Beginning with the sixth edition, Susannah Longenbaker has been building on Dr. Mader's format and engaging writing style while adding her own personal touch to this successful title. The writing is clear, direct and user-friendly, and enriched with new clinical information, terminology and classroom-tested features such as "Focus on Forensics" readings and in-text "Content Check-Up" questions. Drawing on over twenty years of teaching experience, Sue Longenbaker writes for the next generation of students that will learn anatomy and physiology from this classic textbook.
Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 14th Edition
by John E. Hall PhD (Author)
Known for its clear presentation style, single-author voice, and focus on content most relevant to clinical and pre-clinical students, Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology, 14th Edition, employs a distinctive format to ensure maximum learning and retention of complex concepts. A larger font size emphasizes core information, while supporting information, including clinical examples, are detailed in smaller font and highlighted in pale blue – making it easy to quickly skim the essential text or pursue more in-depth study. This two-tone approach, along with other outstanding features, makes this bestselling text a favorite of students worldwide.
- Offers a clinically oriented perspective written with the clinical and preclinical student in mind, bridging basic physiology with pathophysiology.
- Focuses on core material and how the body maintains homeostasis to remain healthy, emphasizing the important principles that will aid in later clinical decision making.
- Presents information in short chapters using a concise, readable voice that facilitates learning and retention.
- Contains more than 1,200 full-color drawings and diagrams – all carefully crafted to make physiology easier to understand.
- Features expanded clinical coverage including obesity, metabolic and cardiovascular disorders, Alzheimer’s disease, and other degenerative diseases.
- Includes online access to interactive figures, new audio of heart sounds, animations, self-assessment questions, and more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Textbook of Medical Physiology 2nd Edition
Prompted by the acceptance of the first edition, this endeavour of the author (the 2nd edition) incorporates thoroughly revised and updated text, organized into twelve sections arranged in three parts. Part I: General Physiology – covers the text in five chapters of a section. Part II: Systemic Physiology – comprises a total of ten sections, one on each body system. Part III: Specialized Integrated Physiology – includes seven chapters arranged in a section. • Text completed and updated with recent advances to cater the needs of postgraduates in Physiology. • Quick introduction to functional anatomy followed by systematic presentation of the text is unique feature of this book. • Inclusion of additional molecular and applied aspects makes the special features of this edition. • Applied physiology, highlighted in the boxes, has been expanded and updated with recent concepts on pathophysiology and advances in basic and advanced investigations and therapeutic principles. • Text and figures in an attractive four colored format. • Illustrated with more than eleven hundred colored diagrams with many new additions. • Complemented with numerous tables and flowcharts for quick comprehension.
Acquired Language Disorders: A Case-Based Approach 3rd Edition
by Evelyn R. Klein (Author), James M. Mancinelli (Author)
Acquired Language Disorders: A Case-Based Approach, Third Edition, is a practical, easy-to-follow, informative guide for students and clinicians. The authors present each case from an impairment-based perspective with practical applications for improving activities of daily living, as well as a socially interactive perspective to create a wholistic picture of each case. For people with aphasia, clinicians are encouraged to consider not only language but also executive functions, attention, memory, and visuospatial skills. This edition begins with a review of the basics of brain-behavior relationships and pertinent medical terminology for treating individuals who have a neurological impairment. Each disorder is then introduced in a case-based format that includes a case scenario with a photo, functional analysis of the patient, critical thinking/learning activities, a diagnostic profile, the new Target Assessment Snapshot, treatment considerations, and a Venn diagram of the A-FROM Model with patient goals for each case. Special features include “Test Your Knowledge” sections based on 10 patient scenarios along with an answer key, a Quick Reference Diagnostic Chart for ALDs, and a Functional Communication Connections worksheet for treatment planning purposes.
New to the Third Edition
- The 15 clinical cases include new photos along with the Target Assessment Snapshot depicting level of severity for expression, comprehension, reading, and writing and areas of cognitive impairment. A new case includes a bilingual person with aphasia.
- All chapters have been updated with relevant research.
- An A-FROM model graphic for each patient’s treatment goals is included.
- There is a new Assessment Summary Sheet to help the clinician with the development of a diagnostic profile.
- The chapter on assessment is updated and new assessments are added, including the Assessment of Living with Aphasia (ALA) and the Repeatable Battery for the Assessment of Neuropsychological Status (R-BANS), the Progressive Aphasia Severity Scale (PASS), and more.
- Chapter 10 includes more than 25 treatment approaches and therapeutic programs.
- The chapter on assessment and service delivery for people with ALD includes discussions of the ICF and the A-FROM Model.
- The PowerPoint lecture slides to augment the text are now accessible on a PluralPlus companion website.