Study Guide for Maternity & Women’s Health Care 10th Edition
by Deitra Leonard Lowdermilk RNC PhD FAAN
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in the 10th edition of Lowdermilk's market-leading Maternity & Women's Health Care, this study guide offers a complete review of content and a wide range of activities to help you understand key nursing concepts. Apply your knowledge with critical thinking exercises, multiple-choice and matching questions, and more. To make studying easier, answers are included in the back of the book.
214 Single Best Answer Questions in Obstetrics
by E. Samarako (Author)
Eranthi Samarakoon understands the difficulties faced by students ever since the single best answer (SBA) questions were introduced in medical curricula in many countries around the world. She realises that the successful preparation for a professional examination requires understanding the style of the questions asked and the process of the examination. With these goals in mind, she has produced this set of two books containing a large number of questions in obstetrics (214) and gynaecology (214) to help the students in facing the examination with confidence.
Practical Guide to Oral Exams in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Questions & Answers
by Görker Sel (Author)
This book, based on non-interactive question-and-answer format, offers an essential guide for medical students who need to prepare for oral exams or clinical visits. Starting from specific clinical situations the volume provides clear questions on the theory related to the cases. Each question is followed by correct answers that summarize the main information. Suggested reading are included to deepen the topics and enhance the readers knowledge. Accordingly, this practical guide will help students get ready for their oral exams, and help prepare young residents for their first clinical cases.
Speroff’s Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility 9th Edition
by Hugh S Taylor MD
One of the world's most widely read gynecology texts for nearly 50 years, Speroff ’s Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility provides a complete explanation of the female endocrine system and offers practical guidance for evaluation and treatment of common disorders. In this fully revised ninth edition, the editorial and author team from Yale School of Medicine have assumed the reins of Dr. Speroff’s landmark work, retaining the clear, concise writing style and illustrations that clarify and explain complex concepts. This classic text remains indispensable for students, residents, and clinicians working in reproductive endocrinology and infertility, bringing readers up to date with recent advances that have occurred in this fast-changing field.
- Remains the definitive text on reproductive endocrinology, offering authoritative coverage of reproductive physiology, clinical endocrinology, contraception, and infertility.
- Contains two new chapters on transgender medicine and fertility preservation.
- Features many full-color illustrations, algorithms, and tables throughout.
- Retains Dr. Speroff’s clear, user-friendly writing style while ensuring content is up to date with today’s best clinical practices.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Diagnostic Hysteroscopy: A practical guide 2nd Edition
by Thomas Römer (Author)
The diagnostic investigation of menstrual dysfunction and sterility is a routine part of gynecological practice. Hysteroscopy can expand the spectrum of diagnostic possibilities. The 2nd revised edition of this handbook aims to familiarise the gynecologist with diagnostical hysteroscopy. About 100 colour plates facilitate the acquisition of this technique as well as the correct assessment of findings. The book is conceived for newcomers to hysteroscopy and should contribute to the further establishment of this method. This 2nd revised edition includes 90 case studies of gynecological practice.
Gynecologic Pathology: A Volume in Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology Series 2nd Edition
by Marisa R. Nucci MD
Now fully revised to include recent advances in the field, the second edition of Gynecologic Pathology, a volume in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, is an essential foundation text for residents and pathologists. The popular template format makes it easy to use, and new information throughout brings you up to date with what’s new in the field, including key molecular findings. Practical and affordable, this resource by Drs. Marisa R. Nucci and Esther Oliva is ideal for study and review as well as everyday clinical practice.
- Coverage of neoplastic and non-neoplastic conditions of the female reproductive tract to equip you to meet a wide range of diagnostic challenges.
- A focus primarily on diagnosis, with correlation to clinical findings.
- Clinical and Pathologic Features summarized in quick-reference boxes for fast retrieval of information.
- Hundreds of full-color, high-quality illustrations depicting the spectrum of pathologic features of different entities that will help you formulate a diagnosis Contributions from internationally recognized pathologists keep you up to date with the latest information in the field.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- The latest WHO classification.
- Newly described variants and histologic entities.
- Over 100 new and improved illustrations
- Expanded coverage of differential diagnosis for all tumor types encountered in gynecologic surgical pathology practice.
- Cytologic histologic correlation for cervical epithelial lesions
- New chapter specifically covering benign cervical lesions
- New diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis.
- Molecular aspects of disease, especially for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
Hysterectomy for Benign Disease: Female Pelvic Surgery Video Atlas Series
by Mark D. Walters MD
Hysterectomy for Benign Disease, by Mark D. Walters, MD and Matthew D. Barber, MD, MHS, is the ideal way to enhance your skills in this key area of gynecologic surgery. In this volume in the Female Pelvic Surgery Video Atlas Series, edited by Mickey Karram, MD, hours of video footage, together with detailed discussions and illustrations, clarify how to most effectively perform a variety of hysterectomy operations and manage complications. Case-based videos take you step by step through simple and complicated abdominal hysterectomy; simple and complicated vaginal hysterectomy; laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy; vaginal oophorectomy; endometrial procedures that avoid hysterectomy; and more.
- Case-based videos, narrated by the authors and with a professional voiceover introduction, take you step by step through simple and complicated abdominal hysterectomy; simple and complicated vaginal hysterectomy; laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy; vaginal oophorectomy; endometrial procedures that avoid hysterectomy; and more.
- Highly illustrated, quick-reference chapters discuss all of the possible diagnoses for which each procedure is indicated.
- Case studies describe the clinical history surrounding each case featured in the videos.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Diagnostic Medical Sonography Fourth Edition
by Susan Stephenson
The updated 4th Edition of Stephenson’s Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Obstetrics and Gynecology offers the most in-depth, current, and consistent coverage of this crucial sonography topic available today. And is an intregal part of the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Series , which includes new editions of Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Abdomen and Superficial Structures, Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Diagnostic Medical Sonography: The Vascular System, provides the right content at the right level for the right way to teach and learn.
- New and updated images throughout each text help bring the visual field of sonography to life.
- Up-to-date coverage of diagnostic criteria in every text reflects today’s best practices.
- Pathology boxes with tables of relevant pathologies are ideal for quick reference or review.
- Critical Thinking Questions in every chapter help students apply their knowledge to clinical situations and develop the analytical skills they’ll need for a career in sonography.
- A complete Glossary defines important terminology to help students master the vocabulary of the profession.
- Updated references reflect the latest research in the field.
- eBook available for separate purchase. Faster, smarter, and more convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- A hands-on workbook (available separately for each series title) provides a variety of custom-designed exercises to help students master each objective and get the most out of their study time.
Gynecology: A CREOG and Board Exam Review
by Sherif Shazly
This book is a thorough and easy-to-use guide to gynecology for residents preparing for their CREOG and board examinations. Books available for gynecology residents are generally either clinically directed or academically based. The books in the first group are usually brief, suitable as handbooks for residents to use during daily practice. These books, however, do not provide adequate background information to prepare for CREOG or ABOG board examinations. The more academically-focused books provide detailed background, but do not offer simple and quick assistance during daily practice or studying. This book aims to provide the most beneficial parts of both products.
Compression Sutures for Critical Hemorrhage During Cesarean Section: A Guide by CG Animation
by Satoru Takeda
This book offers a highly informative guide to surgical remedies for massive hemorrhage and the management of consumptive coagulopathy during cesarean section. Featuring extensive illustrations and videos coupled with detailed anatomical figures to offer readers vivid insights, it discusses the history of uterine hemostatic methods and explains their evolution and the benefits of using compression sutures. Further, it addresses the treatment of consumptive coagulopathy with massive hemorrhage, which can be complicated during cesarean section.It is broadly known that ligation of the internal iliac artery is not always effective in hemostasis of uterine bleeding: the success rate of hemostasis is only 40-60%, because uterine blood flow during pregnancy differs considerably from the normal flow. Moreover, the number of complex collateral arteries formed during pregnancy make the situation more complicated, especially in the case of placenta previa. This book introduces new clinical practice guidelines for critical obstetrical hemorrhage, helping obstetricians successfully manage consumptive coagulopathy. It offers a new and indispensable reference guide for all obstetricians, not only for residents, but also for experienced practitioners.