Case Studies In Nurse Anesthesia
by Sass Elisha
Case Studies in Nurse Anesthesia provides succinct and relevant information that can be used by students and professionals in the operating room. Information is written in a question and answer format for easy understanding and the chapters are divided into surgical specialties, with a focus on the most frequently performed procedures. Each case describes the entire perioperative course and discusses the patients history and physical, anesthetic concerns, surgical concerns, anesthetic management, differential diagnosis, and potential complications.
Study Guide for Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
by Mariann M. Harding PhD RN CNE
Get a leg up in your medical-surgical nursing class and on the NCLEX examination with this essential study guide. Corresponding to the chapters in the 11th edition of Lewis' market-leading textMedical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, this study guide offers a complete review of the important information in your Lewis text as well as a wide variety of purposeful exercises to help you apply your understanding of key nursing concepts. Questions reflect the most current NCLEX test plan and include multiple choice, prioritization, delegation, case studies, and alternate item formats. Plus, answers for all exercises are included in the back of the book to give you immediate feedback on your understanding and make studying easier overall.
Application of Nursing Informatics: Competencies, Skills, and Decision-Making
by Carolyn Sipes PhD CNS APRN PMP RN-BC NE
Designed to provide a foundation for nursing informatics knowledge and skills required in today's data-driven healthcare environment, this text examines the impact and implementation of technology in nursing practice. Patient healthcare needs have only become more complex in a rapidly aging and diversifying population. Nurse Informaticists, as experts in improving healthcare delivery through data and technology, play a key role in ensuring quality and safety to patients. This text relies on nurses' practical experience to foster higher-level critical thinking and decision-making for professional development in informatics and life-long learning. Application of Informatics and Technology in Nursing Practiceaddresses the foundations of Nursing Informatics competencies, streamlined for the unique experience of practicing nurses. Organized around the framework of AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education, ANA Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Informatics, Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies, and Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs), this text features numerous case scenarios of real-life applications to engage the reader and reinforce content. Chapters cover informatics competencies, knowledge, and skills in a concise manner that recognizes the value of prior nursing experience and builds upon the reader's existing knowledge-base. Key Features
- Provides information needed for all nurses in order to advance professionally in the new discipline and specialty of Nursing Informatics.
- Each chapter contains relevant critical thinking exercises, vignettes, and case studies
- Provides information and skills needed by nurses specific to a variety of healthcare settings
- Each chapter contains end-of-Chapter Learning Assessments: What Do You Know Now?
- Instructor Ancillary Package is included
Davis’s Comprehensive Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests With Nursing Implications
by Anne M. Van Leeuwen MA BS MT (ASCP)
- Fast Find: Lab and Dx-The complete F.A. Davis Lab & Diagnostic Test database online
- U.S. and Canadian content
- Searchable and printable
- Mobile and tablet friendly
- "Potential Nursing Problems" tables within many studies that present problems, signs and symptoms, and interventions related to the study
- ‘Common Use& for each monograph to provide an at-a-glance description of what the test is for, presented in everyday language that patients will understand
- Monographs that focus on what you need to do before, during, and after each laboratory and diagnostic test, including…
- Patient Teaching
- Detailed coverage of patient safety
- "Sensitivity to Social and Cultural Issues" and "Nutritional Considerations," where appropriate
- Diagnostic imaging monographs with explanations of the reasons for the test result
- Pathophysiology information that explains why a lab test result is increased or decreased
- Reference Ranges that are expressed in both conventional and SI units (with the SI unit conversion factor) and include age- and gender-specific variations when indicated and normal variations due to cultural considerations
- Interfering Factors, including food, natural products, timing of test, handling of specimen, underlying patient conditions, and drugs that may interfere with the results of the test
- Unique coverage of laboratory and diagnostic tests for subspecialties, such as maternity, therapeutic drug monitoring, nutrition and sensory
- Cross referencing of related lab and diagnostic tests in every monograph
- "Body System" appendix that includes therapeutic drug monitoring and toxicology as well as nutrition-related lab tests
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
by Shelia Videbeck
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing,8th Edition Sheila L. Videbeck, PhD, RN A Practical Focus on the Skills and Concepts Essential to Your Success With an accessible, clear and student-friendly approach,Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursingclarifies challenging concepts and helps you build a foundation for working successfully with clients experiencing mental health challenges regardless of care setting. The text explores the full spectrum of psychiatric nursing, helping you master specific nursing interventions, hone your therapeutic communication skills and learn to apply content effectively within the framework of the nursing process.
- New! Unfolding Patient Storieswritten by the National League for Nursing put the nursing process in a realistic context to prepare you for successful client interactions and interventions.
- Clinical Vignettesfamiliarize you with the features of major disorders you are likely to encounter in practice.
- Therapeutic Dialogueshelp you perfect your communication skills with specific examples of nurse-client interactions.
- Best Practice boxesprovide the latest evidence-based findings in psychiatric nursing.
- Self-Awareness featuresfoster your personal and professional development through self-reflection.
- Concept Mastery Alertsclarify important concepts essential to your classroom and clinical success.
- Watch and Learn iconspoint you to corresponding true-to-lifeLippincott® Theory to Practice Video Seriesvideos for a richer understanding of important mental health disorders.
- Built-In Study Guidereinforces your understanding with multiple-choice questions, multiple-response questions and clinical examples at the end of each chapter.
- Nursing Care Plansdemonstrate effective approaches for addressing specific client disorders.
- Drug Alertshighlight essential concerns related to psychotropic drugs.
- Warning boxesalert you to FDA considerations for specific medications.
- Cultural Considerationshelp you ensure culturally sensitive care for a wide range of client populations.
- Elder Considerations sectionsprepare you to care for the growing population of older adults.
- Client/Family Education boxesboost your teaching capabilities.
- Nursing Interventionsetail key treatment strategies for specific disorders.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxessummarize the medical diagnostic features of specific disorders.
NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification, 2018-2020
by NANDA International
Fully updated and revised by editors T. Heather Herdman, PhD, RN, FNI, and Shigemi Kamitsuru, PhD, RN, FNI, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018-2020, Eleventh Edition is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA International (NANDA-I). In this new edition of a seminal text, the authors have written all introductory chapters at an undergraduate nursing level, providing the critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis and clinical reasoning, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for the nurse at the bedside. Other changes include:
- 18 new nursing diagnoses and 72 revised diagnoses
- Updates to 11 nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response
- Modifications to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, including especially Risk Diagnoses
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, risk factors, associated conditions, and at-risk populations) to further aid clarity for readers and clinicians
- Coding of all diagnostic indicator terms for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Web-based resources include chapter and reference lists for new diagnoses
Focus on Nursing Pharmacology 8th Edition
by Amy M. Karch RN MS
Focus on Nursing Pharmacology,8th Edition Amy M. Karch, MS, RN Master the Principles of Effective Drug Therapy Current, concise, and optimized for today's nursing practice,Focus on Nursing Pharmacologymakes challenging concepts more approachable to establish a foundation for effective drug therapy throughout your nursing career. This updated 8th edition builds on your knowledge of physiology, chemistry and nursing fundamentals to help you conceptualize need-to-know information about each group of drugs, while engaging learning features cultivate your clinical application, critical thinking and patient education capabilities.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alertsalert you to commonly misunderstood concepts.
- NEW! Unfolding case-based vignetteswritten by the National League for Nursing bring concepts to life through realistic clinical scenarios.
- Concise, streamlined approachemphasizes need-to-know information for efficient learning.
- Nursing Processesclarify the process for planning patient-centered care.
- Critical Thinking Scenariosguide you through the collection and application of data for commonly encountered clinical interactions.
- Nursing Considerations sectionsdetail the rationale behind each nursing intervention to enhance your clinical decision-making capabilities.
- Drug Listsat the beginning of each chapter enable fast identification of prototype drugs for each class.
- Drugs in Focus tablesprovide at-a-glance reference for generic and trade names, usual dosage and indications for each drug within a class.
- Focus on Safe Medication Administration boxeshelp you ensure patient safety and increase the therapeutic effectiveness of drugs.
- Focus on the Evidence boxesidentify the best nursing practices associated with specific drugs based on available evidence.
- Focus on Herbal and Alternative Therapiesalert you to known interactions with specific herbs or alternative therapies that could affect drug actions.
- Focus on Calculationsrefine your calculation and measurement skills.
- Focus on Drug Therapy Across the Lifespan boxesprovide quick access to drug class considerations for use with children, adults and the elderly.
- Focus on Gender ConsiderationsandFocus on Cultural Considerationshelp you ensure effective, culturally sensitive drug therapy across diverse populations.
- Check Your Understanding sectionsequip you for your exams with NCLEX®-style review questions, including alternate-format questions.
- Watch and Learn videosavailable on thePoint® help you avoid medication errors in practice.
Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach
by Michael Adams
For pharmacology courses in nursing programs Help students think like nurses and understand how pharmacology relates to patient care When drugs are learned in isolation from their associated diseases, students have difficulty connecting pharmacotherapy, pathophysiology, and nursing care. Pharmacology for Nurses: A PathophysiologiApproach, Fifth Edition, helps students master pharmacology by tightly linking it to therapeutic goals and patient wellness. Organized by body systems and diseases, it places drugs in context with how they are used therapeutically. Students can then easily locate relevant anatomy, physiology, pathology, and pharmacology in the same chapter. Nursing Process Application features clearly relate pharmacology to key nursing processes. Features highlighting complementary therapies, community-oriented and evidence-based practices, and lifespan considerations help students make connections to nursing practice. To give readers a clear picture of the holistic nature of pharmacology, the Fifth Edition reflects current pharmacotherapeutics and advances in understanding disease. Also available with MyNursingLab® MyNursingLab is an an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to engage students in the Pharmacology course and improve results. Its guided learning path is proven to help students think like a nurse as they move beyond memorization to true understanding through application. NOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyNursingLab does not come packaged with the content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyNursingLab, search for ISBN:0134460057 / 9780134460055 Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach Plus MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 5/e. That package consists of:
- 013425516X / 9780134255163 Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 5/e
- 0134449010 / 9780134449012 MyNursingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Pharmacology for Nurses: A Pathophysiologic Approach
Pediatric Primary Care: Practice Guidelines for Nurses
by Beth Beth Richardson
Pediatric Primary Care: Practice Guidelines for Nurses, Fourth Edition is written for advanced practice primary care nursing students for use in clinical courses. The text covers well-child care from newborn through adolescence, including appropriate anticipatory guidance for each age group. This user-friendly, comprehensive guide offers an overview of the clinical situations nurses will encounter while caring for pediatric patients. The Fourth Edition includes updated practice guidelines throughout, with additional information on when a provider should refer a patient for major illness categories. The new edition will also include coverage of concussions in children, screening for abuse and the reporting process, and additional dermatological conditions.
Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice
by Janie Butts
The Fifth Edition of Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice has been revised to reflect the most current issues in healthcare ethics including new cases, laws, and policies. The text continues to be divided into three sections: Foundational Theories, Concepts and Professional Issues; Moving Into Ethics Across the Lifespan; and Ethics Related to Special Issues focused on specific populations and nursing roles. The text includes legal features sections in most chapters, an expanded appendix of case studies with suggestions for discussion, and ethical reflections questions in each chapter. This new edition will also include an appendix focused on simulation suggestions, heavier coverage of ethics and terrorism, and stronger coverage of immigration and the importance of remaining unbiased a healthcare provider.