Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing 5th Edition
by Betty Rolling Ferrell
The Oxford Textbook of Palliative Nursing remains the most comprehensive treatise on the art and science of palliative care nursing available. Dr. Betty Rolling Ferrell and Dr. Judith A. Paice have invited 162 nursing experts to contribute 76 chapters addressing the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs pertinent to the successful palliative care team. Organized within 7 Sections, this new edition covers the gamut of principles of care: from the time of initial diagnosis of a serious illness to the end of a patient's life and beyond. This fifth edition features several new chapters, including chapters on advance care planning, organ donation, self-care, global palliative care, and the ethos of palliative nursing. Each chapter is rich with tables and figures, case examples for improved learning, and a strong evidence-based practice to support the highest quality of care. The book offers a valuable and practical resource for students and clinicians across all settings of care. The content is relevant for specialty hospice agencies and palliative care programs, as well as generalist knowledge for schools of nursing, oncology, critical care, and pediatric. Developed with the intention of emphasizing the need to extend palliative care beyond the specialty to be integrated in all settings and by all clinicians caring for the seriously ill, this new edition will continue to serve as the cornerstone of palliative care education.
Delmar’s Fundamental & Advanced Nursing Skills
This highly illustrated text comprehensively covers over 200 nursing skills. Following the five-step nursing process, it is written in a clear, concise, easy-to-follow format to help promote competence in basic and complex nursing skills. Paying careful attention to gender, culture, and age-sensitive issues, the text includes real world situations in various health care environments to provide students with the clinical experiences they may encounter in their career. This, along with the critical thinking feature, helps students fine-tune their critical thinking skills and apply skill knowledge. Client teaching, documentation, equipment, and common errors are strongly emphasized to alert students to important issues and common pitfalls.
AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, Third Edition
by Suzanne M. Burns
Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) and written by top clinical experts in critical care nursing, this textbook covers all the must-know details on the care of adult, critically ill patients and their families. Supported by helpful tables and algorithms, the book’s practical, building-block organization starts with the basics before proceeding to more complex concepts. AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing includes essential content found in ECCO (Essentials of Critical Care Orientation, an online program offered by AACN), key information necessary to successfully prepare for CCRN certification in critical care nursing, and much more. AACN Essentials of Critical Care Nursing is divided into four sections: THE ESSENTIALS -- presents core information that new clinicians must understand to provide safe, competent nursing care to all critically ill patients, regardless of their underlying medical diagnoses PATHOLOGICAL CONDITIONS -- covers pathologic conditions and management strategies commonly encountered among adult critical care patients ADVANCED CONCEPTS IN CARING FOR THE CRITICALLY ILL PATIENT -- moves beyond the essentials and presents advanced critical care concepts or pathologic conditions that are less common or more specialized than expected in critical care practice KEY REFERENCE INFORMATION -- features normal laboratory and diagnostic values, algorithms for advanced cardiac life support, troubleshooting guides for hemodynamic monitoring, summary tables of critical care drugs, and cardiac rhythms and treatment guides Learning aids include Knowledge Competencies that can be used to gauge progress and "Essential Content" case studies with questions and answers to further reinforce your knowledge.
Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems 11th Edition
Mariann M. Harding PhD RN CNE
Get a unique, conceptual approach to nursing care in this rapidly changing healthcare environment.Lewis's Medical-Surgical Nursing, 11thEdition gives you a solid foundation in medical-surgical nursing. This thoroughly revised text includes a more conversational writing style, an increased focus on nursing concepts and clinical trends, strong evidence-based content, and an essential pathophysiology review. Content covers all aspects of nursing care including health promotion, acute intervention, and ambulatory care. Helpful boxes and tables make it easy for you to find essential information, and a building-block approach makes even the most complex concepts simple to grasp. Key topics such as interprofessional care, delegation, safety, and prioritization are integrated throughout. Additionally, extensive drug therapy information and diagnostic studies tables give you a full picture of care. Best of all - a complete collection of learning and study resources helps you learn more effectively and offers valuable, real-world preparation for clinical practice.
Case Studies In Nurse Anesthesia
by Sass Elisha
Case Studies in Nurse Anesthesia provides succinct and relevant information that can be used by students and professionals in the operating room. Information is written in a question and answer format for easy understanding and the chapters are divided into surgical specialties, with a focus on the most frequently performed procedures. Each case describes the entire perioperative course and discusses the patients history and physical, anesthetic concerns, surgical concerns, anesthetic management, differential diagnosis, and potential complications.
Study Guide for Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
by Mariann M. Harding PhD RN CNE
Get a leg up in your medical-surgical nursing class and on the NCLEX examination with this essential study guide. Corresponding to the chapters in the 11th edition of Lewis' market-leading textMedical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems, this study guide offers a complete review of the important information in your Lewis text as well as a wide variety of purposeful exercises to help you apply your understanding of key nursing concepts. Questions reflect the most current NCLEX test plan and include multiple choice, prioritization, delegation, case studies, and alternate item formats. Plus, answers for all exercises are included in the back of the book to give you immediate feedback on your understanding and make studying easier overall.
Application of Nursing Informatics: Competencies, Skills, and Decision-Making
by Carolyn Sipes PhD CNS APRN PMP RN-BC NE
Designed to provide a foundation for nursing informatics knowledge and skills required in today's data-driven healthcare environment, this text examines the impact and implementation of technology in nursing practice. Patient healthcare needs have only become more complex in a rapidly aging and diversifying population. Nurse Informaticists, as experts in improving healthcare delivery through data and technology, play a key role in ensuring quality and safety to patients. This text relies on nurses' practical experience to foster higher-level critical thinking and decision-making for professional development in informatics and life-long learning. Application of Informatics and Technology in Nursing Practiceaddresses the foundations of Nursing Informatics competencies, streamlined for the unique experience of practicing nurses. Organized around the framework of AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education, ANA Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Informatics, Institute of Medicine (IOM) Competencies, and Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) knowledge, skills, and attitudes (KSAs), this text features numerous case scenarios of real-life applications to engage the reader and reinforce content. Chapters cover informatics competencies, knowledge, and skills in a concise manner that recognizes the value of prior nursing experience and builds upon the reader's existing knowledge-base. Key Features
- Provides information needed for all nurses in order to advance professionally in the new discipline and specialty of Nursing Informatics.
- Each chapter contains relevant critical thinking exercises, vignettes, and case studies
- Provides information and skills needed by nurses specific to a variety of healthcare settings
- Each chapter contains end-of-Chapter Learning Assessments: What Do You Know Now?
- Instructor Ancillary Package is included
Davis’s Comprehensive Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests With Nursing Implications
by Anne M. Van Leeuwen MA BS MT (ASCP)
- Fast Find: Lab and Dx-The complete F.A. Davis Lab & Diagnostic Test database online
- U.S. and Canadian content
- Searchable and printable
- Mobile and tablet friendly
- "Potential Nursing Problems" tables within many studies that present problems, signs and symptoms, and interventions related to the study
- ‘Common Use& for each monograph to provide an at-a-glance description of what the test is for, presented in everyday language that patients will understand
- Monographs that focus on what you need to do before, during, and after each laboratory and diagnostic test, including…
- Patient Teaching
- Detailed coverage of patient safety
- "Sensitivity to Social and Cultural Issues" and "Nutritional Considerations," where appropriate
- Diagnostic imaging monographs with explanations of the reasons for the test result
- Pathophysiology information that explains why a lab test result is increased or decreased
- Reference Ranges that are expressed in both conventional and SI units (with the SI unit conversion factor) and include age- and gender-specific variations when indicated and normal variations due to cultural considerations
- Interfering Factors, including food, natural products, timing of test, handling of specimen, underlying patient conditions, and drugs that may interfere with the results of the test
- Unique coverage of laboratory and diagnostic tests for subspecialties, such as maternity, therapeutic drug monitoring, nutrition and sensory
- Cross referencing of related lab and diagnostic tests in every monograph
- "Body System" appendix that includes therapeutic drug monitoring and toxicology as well as nutrition-related lab tests
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
by Shelia Videbeck
Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing,8th Edition Sheila L. Videbeck, PhD, RN A Practical Focus on the Skills and Concepts Essential to Your Success With an accessible, clear and student-friendly approach,Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursingclarifies challenging concepts and helps you build a foundation for working successfully with clients experiencing mental health challenges regardless of care setting. The text explores the full spectrum of psychiatric nursing, helping you master specific nursing interventions, hone your therapeutic communication skills and learn to apply content effectively within the framework of the nursing process.
- New! Unfolding Patient Storieswritten by the National League for Nursing put the nursing process in a realistic context to prepare you for successful client interactions and interventions.
- Clinical Vignettesfamiliarize you with the features of major disorders you are likely to encounter in practice.
- Therapeutic Dialogueshelp you perfect your communication skills with specific examples of nurse-client interactions.
- Best Practice boxesprovide the latest evidence-based findings in psychiatric nursing.
- Self-Awareness featuresfoster your personal and professional development through self-reflection.
- Concept Mastery Alertsclarify important concepts essential to your classroom and clinical success.
- Watch and Learn iconspoint you to corresponding true-to-lifeLippincott® Theory to Practice Video Seriesvideos for a richer understanding of important mental health disorders.
- Built-In Study Guidereinforces your understanding with multiple-choice questions, multiple-response questions and clinical examples at the end of each chapter.
- Nursing Care Plansdemonstrate effective approaches for addressing specific client disorders.
- Drug Alertshighlight essential concerns related to psychotropic drugs.
- Warning boxesalert you to FDA considerations for specific medications.
- Cultural Considerationshelp you ensure culturally sensitive care for a wide range of client populations.
- Elder Considerations sectionsprepare you to care for the growing population of older adults.
- Client/Family Education boxesboost your teaching capabilities.
- Nursing Interventionsetail key treatment strategies for specific disorders.
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria boxessummarize the medical diagnostic features of specific disorders.