Color Atlas of Forensic Medicine and Pathology
by Charles Catanese
Now in its second edition, the best-selling Color Atlas of Forensic Medicine and Pathology is an easy-to-read reference covering forensic pathology principles, from basic to advanced concepts relating to all manners of death. Featuring over 1600 full-color images, including 400 more photographs than the first edition, this book provides unparalleled photographic illustration to enhance understanding for medical and non-medically trained personnel. Providing thorough visual demonstrations of postmortem changes of the human body, the book presents the different kinds of patterns produced in deaths resulting from Natural causes Diagnostic procedures Therapeutic procedures Substance abuse Poisoning Child abuse Firearms Blunt instruments Sharp instruments Buns Asphyxia The book also includes an entirely new section on histopathology. The text uses specific, detailed language to describe what is represented in each photo and to make side-by-side comparisons of similar but distinct pathologies. The Color Atlas of Forensic Medicine and Pathology, Second Edition is an invaluable professional reference for death investigators, medical examiners, and forensic pathologists.
Atlas of Cytopathology: A Pattern Based Approach
Christopher J VandenBussche MD PhD
Atlas of Cytopathology: A Pattern Based Approachis the latest installment in a unique new series designed to present diagnostic processes in a way similar to how clinicians actually review specimens. The book is image-rich, with scores of illustrations and tables, and filled with checklists, FAQs, and other tools to support fast, easy comprehension of material. Highlighted are common rather than obscure diseases and conditions, and “normal cytology is presented first to give you a benchmark for subsequent discussions.
- Includes a unique, special section on normal background cells, which can have a significant impact on diagnostic results.
- Notes include sample pathology reports and synthesize complicated topics.
- Specimens addressed span a range of types, including breast, kidney, urinary, pulmonary, and biliary tracts.
- Checklists at the beginning of each chapter and scattered throughout help you pinpoint key elements of each diagnostic process.
- Quizzes modeled after actual board questions, Frequently Asked Questions, and hints and hazards presenting real-life diagnostic encounters are also included.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Histology – An Essential Textbook
by Jr. D. J. Lowrie
Learn to identify histological structures and their correlated functions! Histology: An Essential Textbook is a concise, multimedia study guide for medical students who need to learn the functions and related correlations of cells, tissues, and organs of the human body. Professor D.J. Lowrie, Jr. has written a unique and practical medical histology resource based on self-directed modules originally created to replace live histology laboratory sessions. This resource will help medical students learn how to identify histological structures on slide preparations and electron micrographs. Short videos by the author, who demonstrates structures via digitized histology slides, provide additional guidance. Shorter, targeted concepts and brief explanations accompanied by numerous illustrations, self-assessment quizzes, and videos demonstrating key features of histological structures set this resource apart from existing, text-dense books. Key Features
- Nearly 850 images, consisting primarily of electron and light micrographs, aid in identification of histological structures and long-term retention
- Correlation of histological structure with other basic science disciplines, such as gross anatomy, embryology, and pathology allows students to integrate material effectively
- Over 1000 online multiple choice questions and answers mirror exam topics students frequently encounter in curriculum and the USMLE®
- Nearly 375 videos provide a personal tutor that teaches students histological structures, while providing tips for proper identification
Atlas of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology
by Henryk A. Domanski
This updated and expanded second edition covers all of the diagnostic areas where FNAC is used today. Each chapter follows a similar, practical format: diagnostic criteria with an emphasis of differential diagnoses; diagnostic problems and pitfalls; and relevant findings of ancillary methods. Authoritative discussions will reflect accepted international viewpoints. The interaction of the cytologist or cytopathologist with other specialists (radiologists, oncologists and surgeons) is emphasized and illustrated throughout. With contributions from experts in the field internationally and many new colour images Atlas of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology, Second Edition provides a comprehensive and up-to-date guide to FNAC for pathologists, cytopathologists, radiologists, oncologists, surgeons and others involved in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with suspicious mass lesions.
Junqueira’s Basic Histology: Text and Atlas 15th Edition
Brand New International Paper-back Edition same as per description, **Economy edition, May have been printed in Asia with cover stating Not for sale in US. Legal to use despite any disclaimer on cover. Save Money. Contact us for any queries. Best Customer Support! All Orders shipped with Tracking Number.
Histology for Pathologists 5th Edition
by Stacey Mills (Author)
Filled with more than 1,000 images, the latest edition of this award-winning comprehensive classic—written by anatomic pathologists for anatomic pathologists—has been updated with new information on surgical principles and techniques. Like previous editions, the book is designed to bridge the gap between normal histology and pathologic alterations.
- Now featuring the latest developments and advances made since the previous edition five years ago.
- Unique among pathology textbooks in using human—as opposed to animal—tissues for discussions on histology.
- Essential reading for all anatomic pathologists, and particularly helpful for pathology residents throughout their training.
- Chapters and sections organized by biological system as well as body region.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects 9th Ed
by Keith L. Moore BA MSc PhD DSc FIAC FRSM FAAA (Author),
As the study of embryology continues to be integrated with a range of disciplines, Before We Are Born remains the ideal solution for students who need to quickly learn the basics. Fully updated by the world’s foremost embryologists, this medical reference book provides concise guidance on human embryology at every stage of development, utilizing rich illustrations and photographs designed to further explain content.
Histology: A Text and Atlas: With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology 17th Ed
by Michael H. Ross PhD (Author), Wojciech Pawlina MD FAAA (Author)
Now in its seventh edition, Histology: A Text and Atlas is ideal for medical, dental, health professions, and undergraduate biology and cell biology students. This best-selling combination text and atlas includes a detailed textbook, which emphasizes clinical and functional correlates of histology fully supplemented by vividly informative illustrations and photomicrographs. Separate, superbly illustrated atlas sections follow almost every chapter and feature large-size, full-color digital photomicrographs with labels and accompanied descriptions that highlight structural and functional details of cells, tissues, and organs.
Langman’s Medical Embryology 13th Ed
by T.W. Sadler PhD (Author)
Offering exceptional full color diagrams and clinical images, Langman's Medical Embryology , 13e helps medical, nursing, and health professions students develop a basic understanding of embryology and its clinical relevance. Concise chapter summaries, captivating clinical correlates boxes, clinical problems, and a clear, concise writing style make the subject matter accessible to students and relevant to instructors. The new edition is enhanced by over 100 new and updated illustrations, additional clinical images and photos of early embryologic development, and an expanded chapter on the cardiovascular system.
Effusion Cytology: A Practical Guide to Cancer Diagnosis
by Ganjei-Azar MD, Parvin, Merce PhD Jorda, et al.
Effusion Cytology is a practical manual in diagnosis and interpretation of body cavity fluid (BCF) specimens. This highly illustrated volume will provide handy information for the residents, fellows and general pathologists with limited basic knowledge in the area of cytopathology.