100 Cases in Clinical Medicine 3rd Edition
by P John Rees
Making speedy and appropriate clinical decisions and then choosing the best course of action is an essential skill for doctors. Exploring initial medical assessment, 100 Cases in Clinical Medicine presents 100 scenarios commonly seen by medical students and junior doctors in the emergency or outpatient department, on the ward, or in the community setting.Each case begins with a succinct summary of the patient's history, examination, and initial investigation. The text includes photographs where relevant and questions on the diagnosis and management of each case. The answers provide a detailed discussion on each topic, with further illustration where appropriate.Most of the cases included are common problems but the book also includes more unusual cases to illustrate specific points and to emphasize that rare things do present. The first 20 cases are arranged by systems; the next 80 are in random order because symptoms such as breathlessness and pain may relate to many different clinical problems in various systems.These true-to-life cases will teach students and junior doctors to recognize important clinical symptoms and signs and to develop the diagnostic and management skills needed for the cases they will encounter on the job.
Ferri’s Color Atlas and Text of Clinical Medicine: Expert Consult
by Fred F. Ferri MD FACP
Bestselling author Fred F. Ferri, MD, FACP―known for his succinct, at-a-glance guidance in clinical decision making―offers a one-of-a-kind approach to the diagnosis of virtually every condition encountered in daily practice. Inside this new reference you’ll find nearly 4,000 images―the largest collection of medical images ever assembled in a primary care resource. For each condition examined, the text presents several images from a multiple-modality perspective that together provide a clear picture for obtaining an accurate identification. Differential diagnosis references accompanying each image help you avoid possible misdiagnoses. As an Expert Consult title, this text offers convenient access to the complete contents online, allowing you to perform quick searches, cross reference differential diagnosis references with even greater efficiency, and download all of the images from the book.
- Provides access to the complete contents online, allowing you to perform quick searches, cross reference differential diagnoses with even greater efficiency, and download all of the images from the book.
- Features nearly 4,000 high-quality photographs―complemented by concise explanatory text―to help you quickly identify and diagnose virtually every condition encountered in daily practice.
- Presents several images for each condition correlating various characteristic visual findings.
- Concisely summarizes each condition’s definition, key features, differential diagnosis, therapeutic options, and relevant ICD-9-CM codes.
- Presents differential diagnosis references for each image to help you rule out conditions with a similar presentation.
Advances in Medical and Surgical Engineering
by Waqar Ahmed
Advances in Medical and Surgical Engineering integrates the knowledge and experience of experts from academia and practicing surgeons working with patients. The cutting-edge progress in medical technology applications is making the traditional line between engineering and medical science ever thinner. This is an excellent resource for biomedical engineers working in industry and academia on developing medical technologies. It covers challenges in the application of technology in the clinic with views from an editorial team that is highly experienced in engineering, biomaterials, surgical practice, biomedical science and technology, and that has a proven track record of publishing applied biomedical science and technology. For medical practitioners, this book covers advances in technology in their domain. For students, this book identifies the opportunities of research based on the reviews of utilization of current technologies. The content in this book can also be of interest to policymakers, research funding agencies, and libraries, that are contributing to development of medical technologies.
Dorland’s Illustrated Medical Dictionary 32nd Edition
by Dorland (Author)
Thoroughly updated, this user-friendly reference, trusted for more than a century by healthcare personnel at every professional level, allows you to grasp the meanings of all medical terms in current usage. Understand and correctly use all the latest terminology in today’s ever-evolving medical field with the 32nd Edition of the comprehensive, highly respected Dorlands Illustrated Medical Dictionary!
- Enhance your understanding of all the current medical terminology in your field by relying on the most comprehensive and highly respected medical dictionary, bringing you more than 120,000 well-defined entries and 1500 clear illustrations.
- Listen to 35,000 audio pronunciations.
- Search www.Dorlands.com on the Internet anytime, anywhere for all of the language integral to contemporary medicine.
- Make sure you’re familiar with the very latest medical terms used today with more than 5,500 new entries drawn from current sources.
- Complement your understanding of new words and ideas in medicine with 500 new illustrations
- Get more information in a smaller amount of space as the revised entry format includes related parts of speech.
Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2021: 5 Books in 1
by Fred F. Ferri MD FACP
Find fast answers to inform your daily diagnosis and treatment decisions! Ferri’s Clinical Advisor 2021 uses the popular "5 books in 1" format to deliver vast amounts of information in a clinically relevant, user-friendly manner. This bestselling reference has been significantly updated to provide you with easy access to answers on 1,000 common medical conditions, including diseases and disorders, differential diagnoses, clinical algorithms, laboratory tests, and clinical practice guidelines―all carefully reviewed by experts in key clinical fields. Extensive algorithms, along with hundreds of new figures and tables, ensure that you stay current with today's medical practice.
- Contains significant updates throughout, covering all aspects of current diagnosis and treatment.
- Features 27 all-new topics including chronic rhinosinusitis, subclinical brain infarction, reflux-cough syndrome, radiation pneumonitis, catatonia, end-stage renal disease, and genitourinary syndrome of menopause, among others.
- Includes new appendices covering common herbs in integrated medicine and herbal activities against pain and chronic diseases; palliative care; and preoperative evaluation.
- Offers online access to Patient Teaching Guides in both English and Spanish.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 22nd Edition
by Donald Venes
- Appendices for normal reference laboratory values and prefixes, suffices, and combining forms, as well as abbreviations, symbols, and units of measurement, documentation system definitions, and complementary and alternative medicine.
- Full-color illustrations of anatomy and physiology, and photographs of diseases and disorders.
- Translations of common healthcare terms and phrases in English, French, and Spanish.
Critical Care Medicine: The Essentials and More
by John J Marini
With a full-color design and concise, easy-to-read chapters,Critical Care Medicine: The Essentials and a Bit Morecovers the core elements of critical care, with a unique focus on the pathophysiology underlying clinical disorders and how pathophysiologic concerns affect treatment options. There is much here that's new: brand-new content, expanded discussions, and more graphical elements than ever before. Chapters follow a consistent structural template, with discussions of diagnosis, instrumentation, treatment and management techniques, and more. Expertly and succinctly captures all the fundamentals of the field!
- Designed primarily for use by students and residents, but also helpful for anyone already in practice.
- Emphasizes the pathophysiologic elements and treatments of illness and injury.
- Now with updated drug info and more substantial coverage of interventional radiology, pregnancy care, and organization of critical care.
- Adds new, brief summaries that present opposing arguments of controversial points.
- Topics range from intubation, ventilation, and pharmacotherapy, as well as drug overdoses, sepsis, gastrointestinal bleeding, and other crisis care scenarios.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Harrisons Manual of Medicine, 20th Edition
by Dennis L. Kasper
All the authority of the most trusted brand in medical content in a convenient, portable guide The Harrison’s Manual, derived from most clinically salient content featured in Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 20th Edition, delivers numerous clinical algorithms in one practical, portable resource. The Manual also includes abundant quick reference tables, plus concise text—providing rapid access to bedside information when decisions need to be made quickly. This full color summary guide covers all diseases and conditions commonly seen in inpatient general medicine, so you can be sure to find invaluable content directly to your workflow and practice. The 20th edition has been updated to reflect the latest clinical developments in medicine. The Manual truly makes it easy to find what you need at the point of care. The easy-to-navigate chapters cover symptoms/signs, medical emergencies, specific diseases, and care of the hospitalized patient, with a particular focus on:
- Etiology and Epidemiology
- Clinically Relevant Pathophysiology
- Signs and Symptoms
- Differential Diagnosis
- Physical and Laboratory Findings
- Practice Guidelines, and more
Gahart’s 2021 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals
by Betty L. Gahart RN
The essential information you need to safely administer more than 400 intravenous drugs! For over 45 years,Gahart's 2021 Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals has been a trusted resource for comprehensive drug coverage, unparalleled accuracy, and an intuitive quick-access format. In addition to updated drug interactions, precautions, alerts, and patient teaching instructions for all existing IV drugs, this new 37th edition includes more than a dozen new monographs of the most recent IV drugs to be approved by the FDA. Administering intravenous drugs is a critical task - inaccurate or out-of-date information is not an option. Known as the #1 IV drug handbook on the market, Gahart's annual publication, with its history of impeccable accuracy, gives you the extra confidence and guidance you need to safely and effectively treat patients.