Therapeutic Exercise: Foundations and Techniques 7th Edition
by Carolyn Kisner PT MS
Superb art program, including anatomical illustrations, line drawings, photographs, and radiographs “Focus on Evidence” boxes summarizing current literature “Management Guideline” boxes “Pathology/Surgical Procedure” and “Preferred Practice Pattern tables "Post-Surgery Outcome" boxes Clinical examples throughout. Case studies at the end of selected chapters Clinical laboratory activities and questions for critical thinking and discussion at the end of every chapter
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
Ferran Barbé and Jean-Louis Pépin
The European Respiratory Society has published “Obstructive Sleep Apnoea” as part of its ERS Monograph book series. Ferran Barbé and Jean-Louis Pépin, the book’s editors, have brought together expert authors from around the globe to provide an update on all aspects of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA). The disease is considered from four different perspectives – pathogenesis, at-risk populations, clinical scenarios, and treatment and management – providing the reader with a concise overview of OSA in comprehensive and up-to-date chapters. This book will prove a useful reference for pulmonologists and other specialists concerned with the management of this disease, and may help stimulate further research initiatives.
Synopsis of Pathology
by Anoop N.
Synopsis of Pathologyprovides a concise overview of pathology for medical trainees. Divided into two sections, general pathology and systemic pathology, the first chapters discuss topics such as cell injury and death, tissue repair and regeneration, immune system diseases, genetic and paediatric diseases and nutritional diseases. The section on systemic pathology describes pathology of specific regions of the anatomy, including heart, liver, pancreas, endocrine system, skin and nervous system. Presented in a quick reference, easy to follow format, this resource includes numerous tables, text boxes, flow charts and illustrations to highlight key points and enhance learning. 50 clinical essay questions are included, as well as clinical pathology notes on diagnosis, key topics and laboratory values, and an extensive bibliography. Key points
- Concise overview of pathology for medical trainees
- Covers general and systemic pathology, with in depth discussion on different anatomical organs
- Quick reference format with numerous tables, text boxes, flow charts and illustrations
- Includes 50 clinical essay questions, notes on diagnosis, key topics and laboratory values
Principles of Regenerative Medicine 3rd Edition
by Anthony Atala
Principles of Regenerative Medicine, Third Edition, details the technologies and advances applied in recent years to strategies for healing and generating tissue. Contributions from a stellar cast of researchers cover the biological and molecular basis of regenerative medicine, highlighting stem cells, wound healing and cell and tissue development. Advances in cell and tissue therapy, including replacement of tissues and organs damaged by disease and previously untreatable conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, liver disease and renal failure are also incorporated to provide a view to the future and framework for additional studies.
- Comprehensively covers the interdisciplinary field of regenerative medicine with contributions from leaders in tissue engineering, cell and developmental biology, biomaterials sciences, nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, bioengineering and surgery
- Includes new chapters devoted to iPS cells and other alternative sources for generating stem cells as written by the scientists who made the breakthroughs
- Edited by a world-renowned team to present a complete story of the development and promise of regenerative medicine
Decontamination in Hospitals and Healthcare 2nd Edition
by Jimmy Walker
Decontamination in Hospitals and Healthcare, Second Edition, enables users to obtain detailed knowledge of decontamination practices in healthcare settings, including surfaces, devices, clothing and people, with a specific focus on hospitals and dental clinics.
- Offers in-depth coverage of all aspects of decontamination in healthcare
- Examines the decontamination of surgical equipment and endoscopes
- Expanded to include new information on behavioral principles in decontamination, control of microbiological problems, waterborne microorganisms, pseudomonas and the decontamination of laundry
Foundations of Clinical Research: Applications to Evidence-Based Practice 4th Edition
by Leslie G. Portney DPT PhD FAPTA (Author)
- Conceptual descriptions of analytic procedures used in EBP as well as tables that demonstrate simple calculations Algorithm for choosing a statistical procedure based on a study’s design Diagrams that help students understand experimental and observational design variations Guidelines for ritical appraisal of various types of studies Focus on sensitivity/specificity and likelihood ratios, number needed to treat, and measuring clinically meaningful change Special features that illustrate how research applies to practice, including, “Case-in Point,” “Fun Facts,” “Historical Notes,” and end-of-chapter ‘take-away’ commentaries from the author
Memorizing Medicine 2nd Edition
by Paul Bentley
This book takes a unique approach to 'learning medicine' in a manner that places primary emphasis on recall. Drawing upon well-established psychological principles, it uses a broad range of strategies to maximize the ability of the reader to recollect large swathes of information at a later date. The result is an original and refreshing book in which no two pages are quite alike, and where facts are presented in a hierarchical fashion so that essential features of each condition or symptom can be grasped immediately, while finer points are given in more detailed reading.
Principles and Practice of Clinical Research 4th Edition
by John I. Gallin
Principles and Practice of Clinical Research, Fourth Edition has been thoroughly revised to provide a comprehensive look at both the fundamental principles and expanding practice of clinical research. New to this edition of this highly regarded reference, authors have focused on examples that broadly reflect clinical research on a global scale while including a discussion of international regulations, studies, and implications. In addition to key topics such as bioethics, clinical outcome data, cultural diversity, protocol guidelines, and “omic” platforms, this edition contains new chapters devoted to electronic health records and information resources for clinical researchers, as well as the many opportunities associated with big data. Covering a vast number of topics and practical advice for both novice and advanced clinical investigators, this book is a highly relevant and essential resource for all those involved in conducting research.
- Features input from experts in the field dedicated to translating scientific research from bench to bedside and back
- Provides expanded coverage of global clinical research
- Contains hands-on, practical suggestions, illustrations, and examples throughout
- Includes new chapters on the international regulation of drugs and biologics, the emergence of the important role of comparative effectiveness research and how to identify clinical risks and manage patient safety in a clinical research setting
Pocket Medicine: The Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Internal Medicine Seventh
by Dr. Marc S Sabatine MD (Author)
The flagship volume in the popular Pocket Notebook Series, Pocket Medicine, 7th Edition, is a must-have resource for fast answers to diagnostic questions you’ll face on rounds and exams. It provides up-to-date, dependable guidance on the internal medicine information needed to make an accurate diagnosis and develop a treatment plan. Compiled by residents and attending physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital, this best-selling reference ensures that quick access to key clinical information and solutions to common problems in internal medicine is as close as your pocket! The Pocket Notebook Series was always designed to fit in the pocket of the medical student’s white coat but as the popularity and usefulness of the title expanded to PAs, NPs, and beyond and the practice of wearing white coats moved towards wearing scrubs, we wanted to make the series even easier to keep with you where you needed it- in your pocket. With this latest edition, we have removed the bulkier hard plastic cover and changed the binding to a plastic spiral to make the book even easier to use while on the go. The thoroughly revised 7th Edition offers:
- Easy access to essential information on the most common disorders in cardiology, pulmonary medicine, gastroenterology, nephrology, hematology-oncology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, rheumatology, and neurology
- Focused coverage in a highly templated format, including bulleted lists, abbreviations, symbols, tables, and algorithms
- References to landmark papers to help you intelligently answer questions from attendings and residents – all from a trusted source acceptable for use on rounds
- User-friendly tabs and a 2-color design to help you find information quickly
- Ideal coverage for medical students, interns, residents, advanced practice nurses, PAs, and candidates reviewing for internal medicine board exams
Smith’s Patient Centered Interviewing: An Evidence-Based Method, Fourth Edition 4th Edition
by Auguste H. Fortin
Smith’s Patient-Centered Interviewing, Fourth Edition is a practical introductory textbook covering the essentials of patient interviewing. The most evidence based-guide available on the topic, and endorsed by the Academy of Communication in Healthcare, this acclaimed resource applies the proven 5-Step approach which integrates patient and clinical centered skills to improve effectiveness without adding extra time to the interview duration. Smith’s Patient-Centered Interviewing covers important topics such as: •Patient Education •Motivating for behavior change •Breaking bad news •Managing different personality types •Increasing personal awareness in mindful practice •Nonverbal communication •Using computers in the exam room •Reporting and presenting evaluations