Atlas of Chest Imaging in COVID-19 Patients
by Jinxin Liu (Editor), Xiaoping Tang (Editor), Chunliang Lei (Editor)
Infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial Stewardship in Critical Care Medicine
by Cheston B. Cunha (Editor)
Data Analytics for Pandemics: A COVID-19 Case Study
by Gitanjali Rahul Shinde
Epidemic trend analysis, timeline progression, prediction, and recommendation are critical for initiating effective public health control strategies, and AI and data analytics play an important role in epidemiology, diagnostic, and clinical fronts. The focus of this book is data analytics for COVID-19, which includes an overview of COVID-19 in terms of epidemic/pandemic, data processing and knowledge extraction. Data sources, storage and platforms are discussed along with discussions on data models, their performance, different big data techniques, tools and technologies. This book also addresses the challenges in applying analytics to pandemic scenarios, case studies and control strategies. Aimed at Data Analysts, Epidemiologists and associated researchers, this book:
- discusses challenges of AI model for big data analytics in pandemic scenarios;
- explains how different big data analytics techniques can be implemented;
- provides a set of recommendations to minimize infection rate of COVID-19;
- summarizes various techniques of data processing and knowledge extraction;
- enables users to understand big data analytics techniques required for prediction purposes.
Foundations of Parasitology 8th Edition
by Larry Roberts
A parasitology text for biology and/or zoology students at the undergraduate level. Emphasizes principles with related information on the biology, physiology, morphology, and ecology of the major parasites of humans and domestic animals. This is not a diagnostic manual for medical students.
Practical Guide to Diagnostic Parasitology 2th Edition
Lynne Shore Garcia
An essential training aid and reference guide for laboratorians.
- Includes easy-to-follow collection and ordering guidelines and diagnostic techniques.
- Offers extensive discussion and a table to assist physicians with ordering the most appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Provides extensive information on method selection, clinical relevance, and test menus.
- Features diagnostic algorithms, summary tables, and identification keys.
- Presents comprehensive organism information on facing pages.
- Includes "how-to" tips based on 30 years of the author's benchwork experience
- Serves as a resource for microbiologists, physicians, medical technologists, public health personnel, teachers, and students.