Diagnostic Radiology: Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Imaging 3th Edition
by Niranjan Khandelwal
- Phenomenal technological advances and innovations in the last few years have prompted and necessitated a third series of server imaging courses and the reorgration of the accompanying book. - Ealier chapters have been thoroughly revised and updated inducing three new chapters covering the clinical aspects of liver cirrhosis, interventional treatment of liver tumors and percutaveous non-vascular GIT interventions. - The entire text has been divided into 2 partsgartiontertinal imaging and hepatobiolary and pancreatic imaging. Part I consists of Imaging techniques, acute abdomen, Infections, inflammation 2 neoplasm: part II contains Liver and bleary tract, pancreas, hepatic vascular diseases and Interventions. - The importance of plain radiography and barium studies has been described in depth. - Techniques of US CT and the potential role of MRI in evaluation of abdominal disorders have also been explicitly elaborated upon.
Imaging of the Liver and Intra-hepatic Biliary Tract: Volume 1: Imaging Techniques and Non-tumoral Pathologies
by Emilio Quaia
This is the first of two volumes that together provide a comprehensive analysis of the embryology, normal anatomy, and pathology of the liver and intrahepatic biliary tract as seen on modern diagnostic imaging techniques. In this volume, readers will find fundamental information on embryology, radiological anatomy, and anatomic variants. A thorough introduction is then provided to each imaging technique, including ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine techniques, angiography, and interventional radiology. The remainder of the volume is devoted to non-tumoral pathology of the liver and intra-hepatic biliary tract. For each disease, readers will find full description of the roles of individual imaging modalities and extensive illustration of the imaging appearances. The authors are world-leading experts in the field, and the book will be an ideal reference for all members of the radiology community, from residents to experts. It will also aid clinicians during their daily practice.
Variceal Bleeding in Liver Cirrhosis
by Xiaozhong Guo
This book discusses the management of variceal bleeding in liver cirrhosis, covering a wide range of topics, including epidemiology, mechanism, diagnosis and monitoring, prophylaxis, treatment, and prognostic assessment. It also presents the latest research in the field, such as non-invasive approaches, self-expanding metal stents, hemostatic powder, and early TIPS. The book is a valuable resource for physicians wanting to establish standard treatment strategies, researchers launching innovative clinical and experimental studies, and also for patients and their relatives wishing to gain a better understanding of this disease.
Colonoscopy: Principles and Practice 2th Edition
Jerome D. Waye
The second edition of this prize winning book is written by some of the world’s foremost experts in the field of colonoscopy and colonic imaging. Every chapter has been updated and 5 new chapters have been added to include the latest information and advances in the field of colonoscopy:
- Capsule Colonoscopy
- Narrow Band Imaging
- Confocal Endomicroscopy
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection in the Colon
The Oxford Handbook of Eating Disorders
by W. Stewart Agras
The Oxford Handbook of Eating Disorders provides current insights from established experts into the phenomenology, epidemiology, prevention, and treatment of eating disorders. Fully revised to reflect new DSM-5 classification and diagnostic criteria, each chapter of the Second Edition has been updated to feature the latest clinical research findings, applications, and approaches to understanding eating disorders. An additional chapter on emerging issues explores critical questions pertaining to ethics and the use of technology in treating eating disorders. With information on newly documented syndromes and a new section on bariatric surgery, this handbook not only encapsulates where the field is at but also offers astute perspectives on how the field is changing. Including both practical specifics, like literature reviews and clinical applications, as well as a broad view of foundational topics, this handbook is essential for scientists, clinicians, experts, and students alike.
Abdominal X-rays for Medical Students
Highly Commended at the British Medical Association Book Awards 2016 Abdominal X-rays for Medical Students is a comprehensive resource offering guidance on reading, presenting and interpreting abdominal radiographs. Suitable for medical students, junior doctors, nurses and trainee radiographers, this brand new title is clearly illustrated using a unique colour overlay system to present the main pathologies and to highlight the abnormalities in abdomen x-rays. Abdominal X-rays for Medical Students:
- Covers the key knowledge and skills necessary for practical use
- Provides an effective and memorable way to analyse and present abdominal radiographs - the unique 'ABCDE' system as developed by the authors
- Presents each radiograph twice, side by side: the first as seen in the clinical setting, and the second with the pathology clearly highlighted
- Includes self-assessment to test knowledge and presentation technique
Abdominal Ultrasound: How, Why and When 2th Edition
As more and more practitioners are relying on ultrasound as an accepted, safe, and cost-effective diagnostic tool in everyday practice, its use in diagnosing abdominal problems is quickly increasing. This up-to-date edition includes coverage of basic anatomy, technique, and ultrasound appearances, in addition to the most common pathological processes. It serves as both a practical, clinically relevant manual and resource for professionals, as well as an invaluable textbook for students entering the field.
Abdominal Stomas and Their Skin Disorders
by Callum C. Lyon
This innovative handbook bridges the gap between the colorectal surgeon, the stoma nurse and the dermatologist. It addresses the questions of what pathology is involved, what can be done by nurses, when to refer to a dermatologist, and what can be done by a dermatologist. Now in its second edition, the book has been revised throughout and contains new information on nutrition and child stoma patients.