Harty’s Endodontics in Clinical Practice 7th Edition
by Bun San Chong BDS MSc
This book is a guide to proven, current clinical endodontic practice. It is designed, primarily, with the undergraduate readership in mind but is also suitable for anyone pursuing specialist training, including extended skills in endodontics, and general dental practitioners undertaking CPD, or wishing to keep up-to-date. The seventh edition is available with an online question bank containing MCQs and Clinical Cases.
- Practical approach to the subject, taking the reader through every step of endodontic practice from its scientific basis to patient assessment and through to clinical techniques
- Helpful pedagogic features – including Learning Outcomes and Summary Boxes – help reinforce learning
- International experts and contributors help ensure good coverage and currency of information
- Explores areas of debate when they exist to reflect differing approaches to treatment intervention
- Explains the potential impact of systemic conditions and disorders, as well as medications, on endodontic treatment planning and management
- Discusses the diagnosis of orofacial pain and the appropriate use of antibiotics and analgesics
- Explores the maintenance of pulp vitality and the prevention of apical periodontitis in the context of operative dentistry
- Provides an overview of instruments and devices used during endodontic treatment
- Describes the fundamental principles of canal filling using gutta-percha, as well as the use of alternative materials, and newer root filling techniques
- Discusses the management of dental trauma with emphasis on accurate diagnosis, timely and appropriate treatment, and follow-up
- Explores the interface between endodontic-periodontal disease in the context of diagnosis, treatment and prognostic assessment
- Discusses common challenges such as inadequate pain control and problems with preparation and filling of the root canal system
- Written at a level which is ideal for dental students, general dental practitioners and those pursuing specialist training or seeking to keep up-to-date
- Comes with access to an online question bank containing a wide range of MCQs and Clinical Cases to help reinforce learning!
- Richly illustrated with over 80 colour artworks – many created by the Gray’s Anatomy illustration team – and 350 photographs, many of which are previously unpublished
- Explores advances in our understanding of the role of microorganisms in the pathogenesis of pulpal and periradicular diseases and the role of host defence response against root canal infection
- Explores the use of newer imaging techniques such as three-dimensional tomography in determining pulp space anatomy and in treatment planning
- Explains recent advances in material technology, molecular biology and regenerative medicine in the management of deep caries and maintenance of pulp vitality
- Explores the effective use of existing and newer chemomechanical preparation techniques and intracanal medication for thorough root canal system decontamination
- Explores advances in the techniques available for restoring endodontically treated teeth
Color Atlas of Common Oral Diseases 5th Ed
by Robert P Langlais (Author)
Featuring over 800 clear, high-quality photographs and radiographic illustrations, this fully updated Fifth Edition of Color Atlas of Common Oral Diseases is designed throughout to help readers recognize and identify oral manifestations of local or systemic diseases. The new edition includes expanded and updated content and is enhanced by new images, new case studies, a stronger focus on national board exam prep, and more. The bookâ€™s easy-to-navigate, easy-to-learn-from standard format consists of two-page spreads that provide a narrative overview on one page with color illustrations on the facing page. To integrate oral diagnosis, medicine, pathology, and radiology, the overviews emphasize the clinical description of oral lesions, cover the nature of various disease processes, and provide a brief discussion of cause and treatment options.
Endodontic Microbiology 2nd Ed
by Ashraf F. Fouad (Editor)
Endodontic Microbiology, Second Edition presents a comprehensive reference to the microbiology, pathogenesis, management, and healing of endodontic pathosis, emphasizing the importance of biological sciences in understanding and managing endodontic disease and its interaction with systemic health.
- Provides a major revision to the first book to focus on the problems related to microbes in the root canal and periapical tissues
- Updates current knowledge in endodontic pathosis, especially regarding next generation sequencing and microbial virulence
- Presents useful diagrams, images, radiographs, and annotated histological images to illustrate the concepts
- Emphasizes the importance of biological science in understanding and managing endodontic disease
- Includes contributions from the leading researchers and educators in the field
White and Pharoah’s Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation 8th Ed
by Sanjay Mallya (Author), Ernest Lam (Author)
Written specifically for dentists, White and Pharoah’s Oral Radiology: Principles and Interpretation 8th Edition incorporates over 1,500 high-quality radiographic images and illustrations to demonstrate core concepts and essential principles and techniques of oral and maxillofacial radiology. The new edition of this bestselling book delivers with state-of-the-art information on oral radiology principles and techniques, and image interpretation. Dental student will gain a solid foundation in radiation physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety and protection before introducing including specialized techniques such as MRI and CT. As well, students will learn how to recognize the key radiographic features of pathologic conditions and interpret radiographs accurately. The 8th edition also includes new chapters on Radiologic Anatomy, Beyond 3D Imaging, and Diseases Affecting the Structure of Bone. A practical guide to using today’s technology, this unique text helps your students provide state-of-the-art care!
Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry 7th Ed
by Andre V. Ritter DDS MS (Author)
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry, 7th Edition helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. Drawing from both theory and practice and supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research, this new full-color edition features four new chapters and updated information in the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, digital dentistry and more. It’s the practicing dentist’s complete guide to all aspects of operative dentistry.
Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion 7th Ed
by Jeffrey P. Okeson DMD (Author)
Covering both new and proven techniques in this rapidly changing field, this classic text helps you provide solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal, abnormal, and dysfunctional occlusal relationships and masticatory function and dysfunction. With its conservative, cost-effective approach, this book shows you how to achieve treatment goals while keeping your patients' best interests in mind.
Ten Cate’s Oral Histology Development, Structure, and Function 9th Ed
by Antonio Nanci (Author), Antonio Nanci PhD (Editor)
Gain a deeper understanding of oral health with the definitive text in oral histology. Written by Dr. Antonio Nanci, a world-renowned leader in cell biology, the new ninth edition of Ten Cate’s Oral Histology covers all the latest research and trends in oral histology, embryology, physiology, oral biology, and postnatal growth and development that is essential to success in oral health! Considered to be the standard in the field, this renowned text uses straightforward explanations and detailed, full-color micrographs, images, and illustrations to help you better understand even the most complex topics.
Little and Falace’s Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Patient 9th Ed
by James W. Little DMD MS (Author), Craig Miller DMD MS (Author), Nelson L. Rhodus DMD MPH (Author)
Learn how to provide dental care to any patient, regardless of existing medical conditions. Little and Falace’s Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Patient, 9th Edition, has been thoroughly revised to give you the information you need to assess common problems, and make safe and healthy dental management decisions. The new addition includes expanded coverage of women’s health issues and introduces a process for developing a medical-risk source. Also, each chapter features vivid illustrations and well-organized tables to give you in-depth details and overall summaries to help you get to the root of your future patients’ needs.
Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 7th Ed
by James R. Hupp DMD MD JD MBA (Author), Myron R. Tucker DDS (Author), Edward Ellis III DDS MS (Author)
One of the most respected dental surgery books in the world, Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 7th Edition helps you develop skills in evaluation, diagnosis, and patient management. This comprehensive text on oral surgery procedures features full-color photographs and drawings that show how to perform basic surgical techniques, including an overview of more advanced surgical procedures and the latest developments in dental implants, instrumentation, and current technology. A detailed patient evaluation section includes guidelines on when to refer patients to specialists and how to provide supportive postoperative care. New to this edition is a chapter focusing on anesthesia in greater depth than any of the previous editions. Written by well-known OMS educators James R. Hupp, and Edward Ellis III, and Myron R. Tucker, this book is a valuable reference for dentistry and dental hygiene students alike!
Antibiotics and Antiseptics in Periodontal Therapy
Alexandrina L Dumitrescu
Periodontal diseases are the major cause of tooth mortality in many industrialized countries and most developing nations. The significance of microorganisms in the development of virtually all types of periodontal disease is indisputable. This book is an encyclopedic collection of data from scientific papers and textbooks that form a sound basis for a thorough understanding of the antibiotics and antiseptics used in periodontal therapy. The prophylactic, systemic, and topical uses of antibiotics are discussed in detail, identifying the indications, advantages, disadvantages, and efficacy of each approach and regimen. The use of antiseptics is also carefully examined, with particular attention to the merits of different delivery methods and oral hygiene agents. The closing chapter addresses the role of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. This book will be of value to undergraduate and postgraduate dental students, dental hygienists, dental practitioners, and other associated professionals.