Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients: Complete Dentures and Implant-Supported Prostheses
by George A. Zarb BchD(Malta) DDS MS(Michigan)
Covering the functional and esthetic needs of edentulous patients,Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients: Complete Dentures and Implant-Supported Prostheses, 13th Edition helps you provide complete dentures, with and without dental implant support. It addresses both the behavioral and clinical aspects of diagnosis and treatment and covers treatment modalities including osseointegration, overdentures, implant-supported fixed prosthesis, and the current and future directions of implant prosthodontics. New to this edition are full-color photographs and coverage of immediately loaded complete dental prostheses. From lead editor and respected educator George Zarb,Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients provides an atlas of clinical procedures and emphasizes the importance of evidence-based treatment.
Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion
Jeffrey P. Okeson
Covering both emerging and proven techniques in this dynamic area of oral health, Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion, 8th Edition is the only textbook that guides you from basic anatomy and function to providing solutions to many common occlusal and TMD problems. Clear descriptions and a new full-color design promote a complete understanding of normal, abnormal, and dysfunctional occlusal relationships and masticatory function and dysfunction. A recognized industry-standard, this book's conservative, cost-effective approach, helps you learn how to achieve treatment goals while keeping the best interests of your patients in mind.
- Globally recognize TMD expert author Jeff Okeson details the most current and effective solutions around.
- Evidence-Based Practice focus helps you to put the information and techniques in this book into practice to better the lives and relieve the suffering of your patients.
- Logical organization of content includes functional anatomy, etiology and identification of disturbances, treatment of disturbances, and occlusal therapy.
- Full-color design provides more vivid clinical photos and illustrations.
- Robust Art Program allows you to fully understand normal occlusion and masticatory function and learn to recognize and help manage abnormalities in these areas.
- Clinical Comment boxes give you critical thinking points and instructions on how to apply these to everyday clinical practice.
- NEW! Updated content includes enhanced research evidence.
- NEW! Clinical Photo Updates in Examination Chapter differentiate and strengthen images from the current edition.
- NEW! Addition of Expert Consult Site furthers your understanding of treatment goals and outcomes.
Active Learning Workbook For Wilkins’ Clinical Practice Of The Dental Hygienist
by Jane Halaris
Designed to accompanyClinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist, 13e, this unique active learning workbook reinforces the important concepts of the main text and provides hands-on practice in putting those concepts into practice. Each chapter provides an array of engaging skill builders to help students master the assessment, planning, treatment, communication, and documentation skills they need to succeed as dental hygienists.
- Everyday Ethics boxesinclude individual learning, cooperative learning, or discovery activities that challenge them to resolve the types of real ethical dilemmas they will face as practicing dental hygienists.
- Competency Questionsask students to apply their knowledge in analyzing assessment data, creating care plans, and documenting patient care.
- Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) term boxeshelp students conduct effective, efficient PubMed literature searches.
- Knowledge exercisesrequire students to define key terms, concepts, and principles and to answer questions based on text information.
- Crossword PuzzlesandWord Searchesreinforce terminology in a fun, interactive way.
- Discovery Activitiesbuild skills by asking students to find and analyze professional sources of current, evidence-based information.
- Questions Patients Askexercises require students to use their evidence-based decision-making skills to address patient concerns.
- Factors to Teach the Patientshow students how to develop conversations with patients using motivational interviewing techniques.
- For Your Portfolio suggestionsencourage readers to reflect on their growth as a dental hygiene professional by developing a portfolio that highlights individual talents, special skills, and competencies, resulting in an ideal tool for employment interviews or graduate education applications.
- Learning Objectiveshighlight key information in each chapter.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today's eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
MCQs for Netter’s Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry
Elsevier Health Sciences
For students, a good way to test their understanding and knowledge about a particular subject and to prepare for exams is to practice using Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). This book on MCQs for Netter’s Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry has been written keeping in mind the above purpose. In this book Elsevier has worked with professional question writers to prepare a collection of 500 MCQs to accompany the subject matter covered in each chapter of the textbook, The style of MCQs is three distractors and one correct answer so the student will need to mark the correct option accordingly. Each chapter is followed by a feedback section showing the correct answers and a very quick rationale why each answer is correct or incorrect thus elevating student’s confidence to answer many more MCQs on the subject. Below each rationale, reference to the page number of the main textbook, Netter’s Head and Neck Anatomy for Dentistry, is given for the students who want to revise or study the particular topic again. The aim for the student is to get as many correct as possible, and to revise any subject area where the number of correct marks is low. We sincerely hope that students will find the book extremely useful. We welcome comments and suggestions from students and teachers, which will help in improving this book further.
Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry 7th Edition
by Andre V. Ritter DDS MS
Get a better picture of operative dentistry from the most complete text on the market. Using a heavily illustrated, step-by-step approach, Sturdevant’s Art and Science of Operative Dentistry, 7th Edition helps you master the fundamentals and procedures of restorative and preventive dentistry and learn to make informed decisions to solve patient needs. Drawing from both theory and practice and supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research, this new full-color edition features four new chapters and updated information in the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, digital dentistry and more. It’s the practicing dentist’s complete guide to all aspects of operative dentistry.
- Four new chapters cover the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, and digital dentistry.
- Expert Consult website with five supplemental chapters and procedure videos.
- Evidence-based approach is supported by extensive clinical and laboratory research.
- Comprehensive coverage provides a thorough understanding of caries and an authoritative approach to its treatment and prevention.
- Illustrated step-by-step approach offers a better picture of conservative restorative and preventive dentistry.
- Full color design clearly demonstrates techniques and details.
- NEW! Four new chapters cover the areas of color and shade matching, light curing, periodontology, and digital dentistry.
- NEW! Expert Consult website includes five additional online-only chapters, procedure videos, and references linked to PubMed.
- NEW! Updated content throughout integrates new knowledge that has emerged since publication of the previous edition.
Periodontal Review Q&A
by Deborah A. Termeie
This best-selling review guide consolidates the plethora of study materials and scattered information available into a single comprehensive source designed to prepare students for periodontal examinations as well as clinical practice. The material is presented in a clear question and answer format, with references to both classic and more recent literature on topics such as diagnosis, nonsurgical therapy, surgical therapy, regeneration, and implants, and answers are supplemented with relevant tables, illustrations, and pictures throughout. This revised second edition includes new figures, tables, and treatment planning cases, as well as a comprehensive review of the new classifications of periodontal and peri-implant diseases and conditions, providing the most up to date information for those seeking board certification. 224 illustrations Contents: 1. Evidence-Based Dentistry 2. Periodontal Anatomy 3. Furcations 4. Epidemiology and Etiology 5. Pharmacology 6. Diagnosis 7. Prognosis 8. Occlusion 9. Nonsurgical Therapy 10. Surgical Therapy 11. Mucogingival Therapy 12. Regeneration 13. Implants 14. Inflammation 15. Oral Medicine 16. Oral Pathology 17. Lasers 18. Medical Emergencies 19. Treatment Planning