Medical Empathy, Pharmacological Systems, and Treatment Strategies in Integrative Cardiovascular Chinese Medicine
by Anika Niambi Al-Shura
Medical Empathy, Pharmacological Systems, and Treatment Strategies in Integrative Cardiovascular Chinese Medicine, volume two in the Integrative Cardiovascular Chinese Medicine series, presents sections on holism and humanity in medicine, considering the patient, medical empathy in prescribing, modifying and weaning, an overview of pharmacologic systems, an overview of pharmacology sciences and the cardiovascular drug classes and types as revealed from perspectives of Chinese and Western medicine, including descriptions of pharmaceutical drugs from China and the United States, with current pictures and inpatient directions. Finally, principles and treatments according to disease stages for each cardiovascular disease within the scope of integrative medicine is outlined. This important reference will aid cardiovascular researchers in the study of integrative Chinese and Western medicine and provide a clear, structured base to guide clinical practice and encourage collaboration between Chinese and Western medicine practitioners
- Integrates Western and Chinese Medicine for a realistic and complete scope of cardiology treatment, establishing the basis for standardization and rationale of inclusion of Traditional Chinese Medicine in cardiology
- Identifies and inspires ideas where future research can develop and strengthen
- Contains a breakdown comparison of herb and drug formula constituents on the pharmacokinetic and dynamic level
- Includes personalized medicine explaining the human genetics associated with the use of medicines and the advantages/disadvantages of herbs and/or drugs within treatment
Structural Heart Cases: A Color Atlas of Pearls and Pitfalls
by Paul Sorajja MD FACC FAHA FSCAI
Using a practical, case-based format, this superbly illustrated atlas by Dr. Paul Sorajja is a comprehensive collection of more than 130 professional experiences in treating structural heart disease. Organized by pathology, each case presents key clinical points for practitioners at all levels, from beginner to expert. Cases are provided by interventionalists and surgeons with extensive hands-on experience, and edited by experts in the field
- Includes more than 130 cases covering the full range of structural procedures formitral valve disease, aortic valve disease, prosthetic valve disease, congenital heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and tricuspid disease.
- Features more than 500 detailed instructional images for quick visual comprehension of essential aspects of each case.
- Each case includes clinical information, diagnostic images, bulleted learning points, and explanations and rationales for every step of the procedure.
- Covers catheter-based therapy for structural heart disease – an increasingly important and rapidly growing therapy for valvular heart disease.
- Provides operator pitfalls and errors to help optimize success with each procedure.
- Allows practitioners at all levels of experience to explore, gain insight, and learn important keys for success.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Park’s Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners 7th Edition
by Myung K. Park MD FAAP FACC
Providing authoritative, everyday guidance in the diagnosis and management of children with congenital and acquired heart disease, Park’s Pediatric Cardiology for Practitioners is the go-to reference of choice for pediatricians, family practitioners, NPs, and PAs―as well as medical students, residents, and fellows. The 7th Edition of this core text comprehensively covers every aspect of pediatric cardiology in an easy-to-read, practical manner for the non-specialist, bringing you completely up to date with all that’s new in this fast-changing field.
- Covers everything from history and physical examination through preventative treatment and the management of special problems.
- Incorporates all of the latest concepts and most recent developments in pediatric cardiology.
- Offers highly accessible content through the extensive use of numbered lists, easy-to-use tables, and explanatory graphs and diagrams.
- Features new chapter outlines, as well as a new larger size and two-color format for greater readability.
- Provides fresh perspectives and expertise from new author Dr. Mehrdad Salamat, who joins Dr. Park for this 7th Edition.
- Synthesizes the most important references for generalists in a Suggested Readings section, ideal for additional reading in greater depth.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Atlas of Heart Diseases: Hypertension: Mechanisms and Therapy
by Eugene Braunwald
In this edition of the Atlas of Hypertension, Dr. Norman Hollenberg and more than 20 leading authorities have worked together to capture the most updated and pertinent information in the field of hypertension. This new edition is a modern and complete visual library of up-to-date information on the most current pharmacologic and treatment advances in the field. With over 600 vivid illustrations, clinical photographs, instructive diagrams and charts, this updated reference provides a detailed and accurate insight into treatment and management of hypertension, covering a full range of topics. Together with detailed legends and extensive reference listings, the illustrations deliver comprehensive guidance to effective diagnosis and treatment of a wide breadth of these clinical challenges.
Atlas of Vascular Disease 2nd Edition
by Mark A. Creager
The 2nd edition reviews important vascular disorders encountered in clinical practice, including aortic aneurysms and dissection, peripheral arterial occlusive disease and lymphedema. This book beautifully illustrates recent advances in vascular biology and technology, including enhanced resolution ultrasonography and less invasive therapeutic strategies are just two of many updates. Includes full-color images depicting surgical techniques, X-rays and first-quality photographs relating to vascular disease and its counterparts.
Cardiac Arrhythmias: Interpretation, Diagnosis and Treatment, Second Edition
by Eric Prystowsky
For 25 years, Cardiac Arrhythmias has been the go-to guide for non-specialists seeking a solid foundation in electrophysiology and its relationship to treating arrhythmias. Now, the pioneer and father of modern clinical electrophysiology, Eric Prystowsky, teams up with globally renowned experts to bring this landmark guide fully up to date. In clear, engaging language, Cardiac Arrhythmias delivers everything you need to know about the practical application of electrophysiological principles. It covers basic electrocardiographic observations and clinical electrophysiologic correlates, including in-depth discussions of cardiac conduction, and provides a close look at specific arrhythmias, with diagnostic information from patient history, physical examination, lab tests, and therapy approaches. Subsequent chapters explore common clinical presentations of arrhythmias, diagnostic techniques, and therapeutic modalities. Whether you’re an internist, family practitioner, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner, the integrated approach of Cardiac Arrhythmias will help you deliver the highest-quality care to every patient.
Atlas of Cardiovascular Emergencies
by Cedric Lefebvre
Accurately interpret cardiovascular images for fast, effective emergency managementThis unique combination atlas and text is a concise guide to acute care cardiovascular image interpretation for the diagnosis and management of emergency conditions. Each condition or disorder is described in a consistently designed, well-illustrated section. Concise, bulleted text details clinical highlights, emergency department treatment and disposition, and clinical pearls and pitfalls. Created for use at the point of care, Atlas of Cardiovascular Emergencies is enhanced by more than 400 images, many in full color. Atlas of Cardiovascular Emergencies is logically divided into nine chapters:
- Electrocardiography: Normal Heart, Ischemic and Chronic Vascular Disease
- Principles of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Vascular Disease
- Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography, 3/e
by Joseph Mathew
Clinical Manual and Review of Transesophageal Echocardiography, Third Edition is written to be the field’s go-to resource and the standard reference textbook on the topic. It offers concise yet comprehensive coverage of the key principles, concepts, and developing practice of transesophageal echocardiography. Completely updated, reorganized, and expanded, this Third Edition features a sectional format, each containing chapters that were reviewed and revised to provide a comprehensive discussion of physiology, pathophysiology, and echocardiographic approach for normal and common disease states. Where possible, important clinical information has been aligned with the principles of cardiovascular physiology and echocardiographic techniques. Narrative text, charts, videos, and graphs have been effectively integrated to provide rapid access to key clinical information for the purpose of improving clinical management.
Vascular Medicine A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease
by Mark Creager MD
Withauthoritative coverage of everything from recent discoveries in the field of vascular biology to recent clinical trials and evidence-based treatment strategies,Vascular Medicine, 3rd Edition, is your go-to resource for improving your patients' cardiovascular health. Part of the Braunwald family of renowned cardiology references, this updated volumeintegrates a contemporary understanding of vascular biology with a thorough review of clinical vascular diseases , making it an ideal reference for vascular medicine specialists, general cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, vascular surgeons, and interventional radiologists.
Oncologic and Cardiologic PET/CT-Diagnosis: An Interdisciplinary Atlas and Manual
by Wolfgang Mohnike
Based on the experience gained by PET/CT experts with more than 10,000 patients, this manual impressively demonstrates the advantages of combined PET/CT. It also refers to publications from Europe, the USA and Asia as well as numerous studies.