Miller’s Anesthesia Review 3rd Edition
by Lorraine M Sdrales MD (Author), Ronald D. Miller MD MS (Author)
ERS Practical Handbook of Invasive Mechanical Ventilation
by Leo Heunks (Editor), Marcus J. Schultz (Editor)
Miller’s Anesthesia Review 3th Edition
by Lorraine M Sdrales MD (Author)
Encompassing all anesthesia topics from basic to advanced,Miller's Anesthesia Review, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Lorraine M. Sdrales and Ronald D. Miller, is an ideal study guide to assess your knowledge and deepen your understanding. This easy-to-use resource is conveniently cross-referenced to the newest edition of Miller & Pardo:Basics of Anesthesia.Hundreds of questions cover everything from physiologic and pharmacologic principles through anesthetic machine systems, anesthetic delivery in a variety of settings, and anesthesia administration for a full range of disease states.
Hensley’s Practical Approach to Cardiothoracic Anesthesia 6th Edition
by Glenn P. Gravlee MD
Renamed for this new edition,Hensley's Practical Approach to Cardiothoracic Anesthesiais ideal for fellows and residents as well as practicing anesthesiologists. The book is concisely written and readily accessible, with a scope that combines the depth of a reference book with the no-nonsense guidance of a clinically-oriented handbook. New editors, new content, and new access to procedural videos highlight this substantially revised edition.
- Nearly 70 contributors from over 35 institutions offer their experience and expertise.
- Two new co-editors bring their expertise and experience in critical care and pain management, in addition to cardiac anesthesia.
- Now with new chapters on ECMO support and robotic surgical techniques, clinical videos on the eBook, and Clinical Pearls for each chapter.
- Covers cardiac physiology and pharmacology, pre-procedural patient preparation, anesthetic management of specific disorders and procedures, post-procedural management, and more.
- Comprehensive and written in an outline format, with bulleted lists and concise writing style, making it easy to read and absorb key points.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Clinical Pharmacology for Anesthesiology
Clinical Pharmacology for Anesthesiology incorporates the latest research and effectively details what anesthesia care providers must know about the drugs they use in everyday practice. This comprehensive textbook uses a visual approach with an abundance of tables and illustrations to assist the practicing anesthesia care provider, resident, and student of anesthesia. The text begins with an overview of fundamental pharmacology concepts (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and drug interactions) and then details all classes of drugs relevant to the anesthesiologist in a highly clinical manner. Features
- Applies clinical pharmacology principles to patient care, focusing on how anesthetic drugs interact with one another in regards to analgesia, sedation, and hypnosis.
- Delivers a concise overview of anesthetics and other drugs (diuretics, antiemetics, antiseizure medications, etc.) used in the perioperative environment
- Describes how patient covariates, such as body weight, blood loss, and age influence drug behavior
- Incorporates the use of computer simulations to visually present drug concentration and effects forselected anesthetic techniques in premedication, induction, maintenance, emergence, and sedation
The Anaesthesia Science Viva Book
by Simon Bricker
The clinical science viva voce examination is an important component of the Final FRCA examination, covering applied pharmacology, anatomy, physiology and physics. Written by the author of the best-selling Short Answer Questions in Anaesthesia, 2nd Edition, this new book is the definitive guide to this part of the FRCA exam and is also the perfect companion volume to The Clinical Anaesthesia Viva Book by Mills et al.