Primary FRCA in a Box, Second Edition
by Sarah Armstrong
Primary FRCA in a Box 2e contains over 200 revision flashcards addressing all the topics needed to pass the Primary FRCA. The key subject areas of physiology, pharmacology, physics, and anatomy are covered in easy-to-learn note format. Illustrations aid understanding making this particularly suited to the viva examination. Using standard question formats from the Royal College exams, Primary FRCA in a Box 2e is an essential tool for effective revision and preparation for the Primary FRCA exams.Recommended for all qualified and trainee anaesthetists and their trainers, and related health professionals.
Anesthesia: A Comprehensive Review
by Brian A. Hall
Lead editor of Braunwald’s Heart Disease, Dr. Douglas L. Mann, and nationally and internationally recognized heart failure expert Dr. G. Michael Felker, bring you the latest, definitive state-of-the art information on heart failure in this outstanding Braunwald’s companion volume. Heart Failure, 3rd Edition, keeps you current with recent developments in the field, improved patient management strategies, and new drug therapies and implantable devices that will make a difference in your patients’ lives and in your practice.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability.
- Test your knowledge of anesthesia through the most comprehensive, up-to-date coverage of basic science and clinical practice for an effective review.
- Rely on trustworthy sources and a consistent level of difficulty with questions vetted by Mayo residents.
- This edition includes 67 new authors, who are experts in the field of heart failure
- Stay on the cutting edge with new chapters on:
- The latest practice guidelines for medical and device therapy
- Hemodynamic assessment of heart failure
- Contemporary medical therapy for heart failure patients with reduced and preserved ejection fraction
- Biomarkers in heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Management of co-morbidities in heart failure
- Mechanical cardiac support devices
- Get up to speed with the latest clinical trials, as well as how they have influenced current practice guidelines
- Explore what’s changing in key areas such as basic mechanisms of heart failure, genetic screening, cell and gene therapies, pulmonary hypertension, heart failure prevention, co-morbid conditions, telemedicine/remote monitoring, and palliative care
Morgan and Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology Cases
by John Butterworth
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product. A new, clinically relevant, case-based review of anesthesiology―based on most widely-read text in the field Essential for written and oral board preparation, this new companion to Morgan and Mikhail’s Clinical Anesthesiology, Sixth Edition is packed with informative clinical case vignettes. 300 succinct case descriptions emphasize common medical issues faced in clinical practice. Each case is followed by a series of board-style question and answers. The book reveals how experienced clinicians use critical thinking in their clinical decision making. With case-based learning now pervasive in training for all medical specialties, especially anesthesiology, this unique resource fills a void in medical publishing. The cases are conveniently organized to match the content of the parent textbook to facilitate side-by-side study. Morgan and Mikhail's Clinical Anesthesiology Cases is also valuable as a quick clinical refresher before starting a busy day in the operating room. Features:
- • 300 case descriptions of common perioperative issues
- • Includes access to online videos demonstrating key procedures
- • Covers perioperative problems commonly faced in anesthetic practice
- • Each case is accompanied by board-style Q&As
- • Organized by subspecialty, disease, procedure, and patient age for easy correlation
- to real life cases
- • Ideal for preparation for written and oral board certification, maintenance of certification activities, and ongoing learning for anesthesiologists, nurse anesthetists, and anesthesiologist assistants
Essentials of Pediatric Anesthesiology
by Alan David Kaye
Numerous studies indicate that outcomes for pediatric patients are improved when the anesthesia caregiver has advanced training and knowledge of pediatric anesthesiology. Essentials of Pediatric Anesthesiology is a unique new handbook, providing a clinically relevant and easy-to-read review of all key topics in this important field. Written and edited by leading pediatric anesthesia physicians, each chapter takes a consistent approach, guaranteeing this book is user-friendly and authoritative throughout. Topics include physiology, anatomy, equipment, a comprehensive overview of relevant disease states, and special topics such as regional anesthesia, complications, and anesthesia for remote locations. Numerous diagrams, tables and figures help to organize the information for easy reference. Whether you choose to dip into a particular chapter or read the book cover to cover, Essentials of Pediatric Anesthesiology is a valuable review book for all residents, fellows and clinical practitioners needing to improve or refresh their understanding of pediatric anesthesia management.
Yao and Artusio’s Anesthesiology: Problem-Oriented Patient Management
by Fun-Sun F. Yao MD
Case-based and easy to use,Yao & Artusio's Anesthesiology: Problem-Oriented Patient Managementis the bestselling study and review reference preferred by both residents and practicing anesthesiologists. The revised Ninth Edition prepares you for the oral and written boards with more than 60 real-world cases accompanied by questions that conform to the four areas of questioning on the oral boards, reinforcing step-by-step critical thinking about today's surgical anesthesia and patient management.
- Fully revised throughout, including new coverage of hypertension geriatric anesthesia, enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS), postoperative cognitive dysfunction (POCD) and updated references for further study and clarification.
- A consistent chapter format includes: presentation of a case; questions on medical disease and differential diagnosis, preoperative planning and preparation, intraoperative management, and postoperative management; and complete answers and discussion of the case.
- Problem-based approach emphasizes critical thinking, collaborative decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ideal for oral board and continuing education preparation.
- Read directly on your preferred device(s),such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook,powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Non-Invasive Ventilation and Weaning: Principles and Practice 2nd Edition
by Mark Elliott
Now in full-colour, this eagerly-anticipated second edition continues to be the most comprehensive resource available on non-invasive ventilation (NIV), both in the hospital and at home. Reflecting a global perspective with expert contributors from more than 15 countries, the book: • provides clinical examples of NIV in practice with insightful vignettes • covers home- and intensive care-based ventilation • details NIV use in acute and chronic respiratory failure, plus paediatric and other specialty applications. Disease-specific sections provide best practice in the science, diagnostics and management of conditions such as COPD, cardiac failure, neuromuscular disease and obesity, while features such as ‘Common Clinical Questions & Answers’, abundant tables and illustrations, chapter summaries and new clinical vignettes showcase the realities of NIV in practice. This is essential reading for pulmonologists, critical care physicians and intensive care medicine specialists.
Basic Life Support (BLS) – First Aid Certification Course Kit
Dr. Karl Disque (Author)
The BLS instructor manual course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both pre-hospital and in-facility environments, with a focus on High-Quality CPR, In previous editions, the initial steps for this course were Airway, Breathing, Compressions or ABC but according to literature, the starting step should be Compressions because early in compressions process will increase the survival rates. Therefore, the steps have been changed to Compressions, Airway, Breathing, or CAB. These BLS first-aid course techniques are based on the most recent research and organized in systematic steps called the Chain of Survival, which begins with Basic Life Support (BLS) health personal care based on the latest ILCOR Standards and Guidelines (2015-2020). How to use First Aid and tell you about team dynamics. Our education training material is created maintained by practicing physicians, adhering to the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines. This BLS for health care providers let you know about health care law and ethics. Keys for BLS: * This course will let you know when and how to use an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED). * This course participant to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, quickly start the Chain of Survival. * Health care ethics deliver high-quality chest compressions to circulate oxygen to the brain and vital organs. * Deliver appropriate ventilations, Health care management and provide early use of AED, Provide rescue breathing. * Understand how to work with other rescuers as part of a team and how to treat choking. Approximately, every five years, the ILCOR updates the guidelines for CPR and ECC. The content contained herein is based on the most recent ILCOR publications on BLS and will periodically compare previous and revised recommendations for a comprehensive review.
The Ventilator Book 2nd Edition
William Owens MD (Author)
"The Ventilator Book" is a concise reference for physicians, medical students, advanced practice providers, nurses, and respiratory therapists who are working in the Intensive Care Unit. Dr. William Owens explains, in clear language, the basics of respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation. This is a guide to keep in your jacket pocket, call room, or in the ICU.The second edition includes new chapters on capnography and acid-base problem solving, ventilator weaning protocols, and is updated to reflect current medical evidence. Conventional and unconventional modes of ventilation are examined and explained. PEEP, flow, ventilator liberation, and the care of the patient with prolonged respiratory failure are also covered. The goal of "The Ventilator Book" is to make difficult concepts easy to understand.Conventional medical textbooks are great references, but they are heavy and can't be easily carried around by clinicians who are busy taking care of patients. They also are written to be an exhaustive, authoritative reference, which means that they often contain far more information than what you need at the bedside to help with a difficult case. "The Ventilator Book" has enough information to teach anyone about mechanical ventilation, but not so much that reading it becomes intimidating.
Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia 2nd Edition
by Stuart A. Grant
Ultrasound technology is enabling anesthesiologists to perform regional anesthetic procedures with greater confidence in accuracy and precision. With improvements in visualizing neural anatomy and needle movement, ultrasound guidance improves patient safety and operating room efficiency. This book offers a detailed, stepwise approach to this technique, identifying pearls and pitfalls to ensure success. Topics are organized into four chapters. The first chapter provides the basic principles behind ultrasound guided regional anesthesia, setting a strong context for the rest of the book. The last three cover the nerve blocks: upper extremity, lower extremity, and chest, trunk and spine. Each nerve block is comprehensively explained, divided up by introduction, anatomy, clinical applications, technique, alternate techniques, complications, and pearls. This new edition includes discussions of 6 new blocks: the suprascapular block, axillary nerve block for shoulder surgery, fascia iliaca block, lateral femoral cutaneous block, and the adductor canal block. This edition also contains over 40 new procedural and imaging figures, an appendix on what blocks to perform for specific surgeries, and new information on choice of local anesthetic agent, types of catheters and practical ultrasound physics to help improve scanning. Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia provides authoritative, in-depth coverage of ultrasound guided regional anesthesia for the anesthesiologist beginning to use ultrasound and makes a great reference for the more seasoned physician.
Anaesthesia and Intensive Care A-Z E-Book: An Encyclopaedia of Principles and Practice 6th Edition
by Steven M. Yentis (Author),
For 25 years Anaesthesia, Intensive Care and Perioperative Medicine A-Z has provided a comprehensive resource of the relevant aspects of pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment, and the history of anaesthesia and intensive care. Originally prepared as essential reading for candidates for the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and similar exams, this fully updated edition will also prove as invaluable as ever for all anaesthetists and critical care physicians, as well as operating department practitioners and specialist nurses.
- The alphabetical arrangement with extensive cross-referencing ensures a full understanding of topics.
- The succinct and clear text and diagrams make for easy quick reference.
- The exam preparation checklist is ordered by key topics to facilitate effective revision.
- The contents are easily accessible with the accompanying ebook.
- There has been a substantial addition of new entries as well as revision of existing ones. This acknowledges the breadth of information needed to satisfy the range of activities performed by anaesthetic, intensive care, nursing and other colleagues, and also reflects the ever-changing field in which they all work.
- The consolidation of the role of anaesthetists as ‘perioperative physicians’ is reflected in additional entries of particular relevance and also by the enhanced title of the book.
- The structured ‘revision checklist’ of entries which is particularly useful to those preparing for examinations has been further developed for this edition.