A Brief Atlas of the Human Body 2nd Edition
by Matt Hutchinson
This full-color atlas includes 107 bone and 47 soft-tissue photographs with easy-to-read labels. This new edition of the atlas contains a brand new comprehensive histology photomicrograph section featuring over 50 slides of basic tissue and organ systems. Featuring photos taken by renowned biomedical photographer Ralph Hutchings, this high-quality photographic atlas makes an excellent resource for the classroom and laboratory, and is referenced in appropriate figure legends throughout the text.
Laboratory Manual for Human Anatomy & Physiology Main Version 4th Edition
by Terry Martin (Author)
Authors Terry Martin and Cynthia Prentice-Craver combine passion for and experience teaching human anatomy and physiology with a commitment to developing curricula that stimulates student curiosity and enthusiasm, which results in a laboratory manual with an innovative, hands-on approach that benefits students. The Laboratory Manual for Human Anatomy & Physiology includes a main version, a cat version, and a fetal pig version. Each of these includes sixty-three laboratory exercises, three supplemental labs found online, and six cat, or fetal pig, dissection labs in corresponding versions. All versions are written to work well with any anatomy and physiology text.
Hole’s Human Anatomy & Physiology
by NA (Author)
ISBN: 9781260092820 is an International Edition of Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology 15th Edition. By David N. Shier, Jackie L. Butler and Ricki Lewis This ISBN 9781260092820 is student textbook only. It will not come with online access code. Online access code sold separately at other ISBN. The content of of this title on all formats are the same. Perfect for introductory level students, Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology assumes no prior science knowledge by focusing on the fundamentals. This new edition updates a great A&P classic while offering greater efficiencies to the user. The 15th edition focuses on helping students master core themes in anatomy and physiology, which are distilled down into key concepts and underlying mechanisms.
ISE Seeley’s Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
ISE Seeley's Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology
Designed for the one-semester course, Seeley's Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology is written to allow instructors the ability to accomplish one overall goal: to teach the basics of A&P while fostering the skill of problem solving. Through learning how to solve problems and thinking critically, students learn A&P based on two themes: the relationship between structure and function, and homeostasis. Users who purchase Connect receive access to the full online eBook version of the textbook, as well as SmartBook.
Neuroanatomy Text and Atlas, Fifth Edition
by John D. Martin
Neuroanatomy: Text and Atlas covers neuroanatomy from both a functional and regional perspective to provide an understanding of how the components of the central nervous system work together to sense the world around us, regulate body systems, and produce behavior. This trusted text thoroughly covers the sensory, motor, and integrative skills of the brains and presents an overview of the function in relation to structure and the locations of the major pathways and neuronal integrative regions. Neuroanatomy: Text and Atlas also teaches readers how to interpret the new wealth of human brain images by developing an understanding of the anatomical localization of brain function. The authoritative core content of myelin-stained histological sections is enhanced by informative line illustrations, angiography, and brain views produced by MRI, and other imaging technologies.
Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology 8th Edition
by Frederic H. Martini
For one-semester courses in anatomy & physiology. Guide students through a challenging course in Anatomy & Physiology to a future in healthcare Celebrated for its precise illustrations,emphasis on integration, and engaging clinical content, Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology is crafted especially for students with no prior knowledge of anatomy & physiology and little science background. The 8th Edition guides students through tough A&P topics, helping them retain challenging content in the fast-paced one-semester A&P course. The new edition draws on the outstanding art and hallmark features from the text to create interactives and digital assets that walk students through complicated art and help them to understand difficult concepts. New Build Your Knowledge Interactivesfocus on how the body systems work together to maintain homeostasis. New Spotlight Figure Videos take a popular, visually driven feature from the book and add annotation and narration to break it down for students in an organized, systematic way. . Also available as a Pearson eText or packaged with Mastering A&P: Pearson eText is a simple-to-use, mobile-optimized, personalized reading experience that can be adopted on its own as the main course material. It allows students to easily highlight, take notes, and review key vocabulary all in one place, even when offline Educators can easily share their own notes with students so they see the connection between their reading and what they learn in class—motivating them to keep reading, and keep learning. If your instructor has assigned Pearson eText as your main course material, search for:
- 0135310113 / 9780135310113 Pearson eText Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology -- Access Card, 8/e
- 0135310121 / 9780135310120 Pearson eText Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology -- Instant Access, 8/e
- 0135203805 / 9780135203804 Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
- 013520397X / 9780135203972 Mastering A&P with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology
General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System
by Michael Schuenke
THIEME Atlas of Anatomy: General Anatomy and Musculoskeletal System, Second Edition, Latin Nomenclature is an ideal educational tool for anyone studying musculoskeletal anatomy. Each region is presented in a manner that builds understanding: starting with bones, joints, and muscles, then vasculature and nerves, and concluding with topographic illustrations. This atlas begins with a concise overview of general anatomy and moves on to the detailed anatomy of the trunk wall, upper limb, and lower limb. Key Features:
- Labels and anatomic terminology are in Latin nomenclature.
- Expanded coverage of tissue structure and development, functional testing, diagnostic imaging, and diseases of the musculoskeletal system
- Exquisite full-color illustrations with clear, thorough labeling and descriptive captions
- Each two-page spread is a self-contained guide to a topic
- Hundreds of clinical applications integrated into the anatomic descriptions, emphasizing the vital link between anatomic structure and function
- Summary tables that are ideal for rapid review
- Access to WinkingSkull.com PLUS, with over 500 images from the book for labels-on and labels-off review and timed self-tests
Atlas of Non-Invasive Imaging in Cardiac Anatomy
by Francesco F. Faletra
This atlas provides a detailed visual resource of how sophisticated non-invasive imaging relates to the anatomy observed in a variety of cardiovascular pathologies. It includes investigation of a wide range of defects in numerous cardiac structures. Mitral valve commissures, atrioventricular septal junction and right ventricular outflow tract plus a wealth of other structures are covered, offering readers a comprehensive integrative experience to understand how anatomic subtleties are revealed by modern imaging modalities. Atlas of Non-Invasive Imaging in Cardiac Anatomy provides a detailed set of visual instructions that is of use to any cardiovascular professional needing to understand the orientation of a patient’s imaging. Therefore this is an essential guide for all trainee and practicing cardiologists, cardiac imagers, cardiac surgeons and interventionists.
Gray’s Atlas of Anatomy
by Richard Drake PhD FAAA
Clinically focused, consistently and clearly illustrated, and logically organized,Gray's Atlas of Anatomy, the companion resource to the popularGray's Anatomy for Students, presents a vivid, visual depiction of anatomical structures. Stunning illustrations demonstrate thecorrelation of structures with clinical images and surface anatomy - essential for proper identification in the dissection lab and successful preparation for course exams.
Gray’s Surgical Anatomy
by Peter Brennan
Written and edited by expert surgeons in collaboration with a world-renowned anatomist, this exquisitely illustrated reference consolidates surgical, anatomical and technical knowledge for the entire human body in a single volume. Part of the highly respected Gray’s ‘family,’ this new resource brings to life the applied anatomical knowledge that is critically important in the operating room, with a high level of detail to ensure safe and effective surgical practice. Gray’s Surgical Anatomy is unique in the field: effectively a textbook of regional anatomy, a dissection manual, and an atlas of operative procedures – making it an invaluable resource for surgeons and surgical trainees at all levels of experience, as well as students, radiologists, and anatomists.
- Brings you expert content written by surgeons for surgeons, with all anatomical detail quality assured by Lead Co-Editor and Gray’s Anatomy Editor-in-Chief, Professor Susan Standring.
- Features superb colour photographs from the operating room, accompanied by detailed explanatory artwork and figures from the latest imaging modalities - plus summary tables, self-assessment questions, and case-based scenarios – making it an ideal reference and learning package for surgeons at all levels.
- Reflects contemporary practice with chapters logically organized by anatomical region, designed for relevance to surgeons across a wide range of subspecialties, practice types, and clinical settings – and aligned to the requirements of current trainee curricula.
- Maximizes day-to-day practical application with references to core surgical procedures throughout, as well as the ‘Tips and Anatomical Hazards’ from leading international surgeons.
- Demonstrates key anatomical features and relationships that are essential for safe surgical practice - using brand-new illustrations, supplemented by carefully selected contemporary artwork from the most recent edition of Gray’s Anatomy and other leading publications.
- Integrates essential anatomy for robotic and minimal access approaches, including laparoscopic and endoscopic techniques.
- Features dedicated chapters describing anatomy of lumbar puncture, epidural anaesthesia, peripheral nerve blocks, echocardiographic anatomy of the heart, and endoscopic anatomy of the gastrointestinal tract – as well as a unique overview of human factors and minimizing error in the operating room, essential non-technical skills for improving patient outcomes and safety.