Human Anatomy 9th Edition
by Frederic H. Martini
Revered for its groundbreaking, atlas-style format, detailed illustrations, and exceptionally clear photographs, Human Anatomy has long been known for its quality and sophistication, as well as its scope and level of coverage. Accomplished author and award-winning educator Judi Nath joins the writing team, bringing a fresh voice, enhanced accuracy, and a clear, engaging writing style to the 9th Edition. The new edition builds upon the legacy of previous editions and includes expanded clinical content to help students focus on the types of diseases and injuries they are likely to encounter in their future careers; visually stunning Spotlight Figures in every chapter to guide students through complex topics; and new features that focus students on the key point in each section and use simple analogies and memory devices to help students remember facts and concepts.
Clinical Neuroanatomy 29th Edition
by Stephen Waxman
Engagingly written and extensively illustrated, Clinical Neuroanatomy, Twenty-Ninth Edition gets you up to speed on neuroanatomy, its functional underpinnings, and its relationship to the clinic. You’ll learn everything you need to know about the structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves. This authoritative guide illustrates clinical presentations of disease processes involving specific structures, explores the relationship between neuroanatomy and neurology, and reviews advances in molecular and cellular biology and neuropharmacology as related to neuroanatomy. The book is packed with case studies and hundreds of visuals―including CT and MRI scans, block diagrams showing muscle actions, root-by-root and nerve-by-nerve images of sensory areas and muscle intervention, and more―to help you retain critical information. Essential for board review or as a clinical refresher, Clinical Neuroanatomy features: • More than 300 full-color illustrations • An introduction to clinical thinking that puts neuroanatomy in clear clinical perspective • A discussion of the latest advances in molecular biology and cellular biology in the context of neuroanatomy • Numerous CT and MRI scans • Block diagrams illustrating actions of each muscle (essential for the clinical motor examination) • Hundreds of diagrams and tables encapsulating important information • Summary listings at the end of each chapter • Clear and memorable root-by-root and nerve-by-nerve illustrations of sensory areas and muscle intervention • Coverage of the basic structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves as well as clinical presentations of disease processes involving specific structures • Appendices including The Neurologic Examination, Testing Muscle Function, Spinal Nerves and Plexuses, and Questions and Answers • Case studies demonstrating how concepts apply to real-world clinical situations • All the must-know concepts, facts, and structures, and more • A complete practice exam to assess your knowledge
High-Yield™ Neuroanatomy Fifth Edition
by Douglas J. Gould PhD (Author),
Now significantly revised based on student feedback, this best-selling text provides a quick, authoritative review of the most important clinical aspects of neuroanatomy. A new, full-color design highlights the essential information you need to know to excel on course exams and the USMLE Step 1. New objectives begin every chapter, contents have been reorganized and streamlined, and all information has been completely updated. A new Gross Structure chapter lays the foundation for understanding the sectional anatomy in the Atlas chapter, and all terminology is now consistent with Terminologia Anatomica. A companion website offers USMLE-style questions for study and review.
- A concise, streamlined review perfect for course exams or the USMLE Step 1.
- New full-color design and illustrations make the text more visually appealing.
- New objectives in every chapter help you focus on key content.
- Reorganized contents are integrated and combined to group similar topics in a logical, easy-to-review fashion.
- A new Gross Structure chapter lays the foundation for understanding the sectional anatomy in the Atlas chapter.
- All terminology is up-to-date to comply with Terminologia Anatomica.
- Online access to USMLE-style questions for self-assessment and review.
USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes 2017: Anatomy
by Kaplan Medical
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitles included with the product. The only official Kaplan Lecture Notes for USMLE Step 1 cover the comprehensive information you need to ace the exam and match into the residency of your choice. * Up-to-date: Updated annually by Kaplan’s all-star faculty * Integrated: Packed with clinical correlations and bridges between disciplines * Learner-efficient: Organized in outline format with high-yield summary boxes * Trusted: Used by thousands of students each year to succeed on USMLE Step 1
A Textbook of Neuroanatomy 2nd Edition
by Maria A. Patestas
Newly revised and updated, A Textbook of Neuroanatomy, Second Edition is a concise text designed to help students easily master the anatomy and basic physiology of the nervous system. Accessible and clear, the book highlights interrelationships between systems, structures, and the rest of the body as the chapters move through the various regions of the brain. Building on the solid foundation of the first edition, A Textbook of Neuroanatomy now includes two new chapters on the brainstem and reflexes, as well as dozens of new micrographs illustrating key structures. Throughout the book the clinical relevance of the material is emphasized through clinical cases, questions, and follow-up discussions in each chapter, motivating students to learn the information. A companion website is also available, featuring study aids and artwork from the book as PowerPoint slides. A Textbook of Neuroanatomy, Second Edition is an invaluable resource for students of general, clinical and behavioral neuroscience and neuroanatomy.
Abrahams’ and McMinn’s Clinical Atlas of Human Anatomy 8th Edition
by Peter H. Abrahams
Abrahams' and McMinn’s Clinical Atlas of Human Anatomy, 8th Edition delivers the straightforward visual guidance you need to perform confidently in all examinations and understand spatial relationships required during your medical training, while also acquiring the practical anatomical knowledge needed for your future clinical career. Respected authority Prof. Peter Abrahams and his team of leading international anatomists and radiologists link a vast collection of clinical images to help you master all the essential correlations between the basic science of anatomy and its clinical practice.
- See what to look for and how to proceed thanks to an unsurpassed collection of labelled dissection photographs, supported by clear, explanatory diagrams and modern imaging
- Correlate anatomy to clinical practice with a wealth of MR, CT, DSA, radiographic, endoscopic, and operative images that demonstrate how structures are viewed today in the clinical setting
- Thoroughly revised and updated throughout, including:
- brand new dissections, to further improve clarity and consistency throughout the book in every region
- all new olour overlays added to selected dissections making it even easier to identify key nerves, arteries, veins and especially lymphatics
- fully revised neuroanatomy content reflects the latest understanding of functional neuroanatomy as seen with modern 3D and functional imaging
- updated and coloured and a unique lymphatics section
- Incldes access to the complete, enhanced eBook – unlocking a huge, carefully-selected collection of BONUS CLINICAL material, integrated throughout on almost every page to enhance your study and help make those essential clinical / anatomical connections.
- This sets Abrahams' and McMinn’s apart from any other atlases of human anatomy!
- 200+ 3D scans,– allowing you to view the body in a more dynamic way to aid your understanding of dynamic anatomy.
- Master the 500 clinical conditions every physician should know by reviewing the associated clinical topics - featuring over 2000 additional clinical photos, radiological images, and case presentations not found in the printed book. Learn from the culmination of over 45 years international clinical experience of Prof. Abrahams and over 100 of his colleagues worldwide who have contributed to this unique collection of clinical anatomy images.
Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck 5th Edition
by Margaret J. Fehrenbach RDH MS
Known for its top-notch artwork and readable writing style, Illustrated Anatomy of the Head and Neck, 5th Edition, provides student dental professionals with complete coverage of head and neck anatomy, plus detailed discussions of the temporomandibular joint and its role in dental health, the anatomy of local anesthesia, and the spread of dental infection. Chapters are organized by anatomical systems of study and include expanded review questions that help prepare you for classroom and board examinations. Combine this new edition with its companion title, Illustrated Dental Embryology, Histology, and Anatomy, and you will have a solid foundation of basic scientific knowledge that ties to everyday clinical dental practice.
- Identification exercises at the end of each chapter ask you to label the different structures to test your knowledge of anatomy.
- Multiple-choice review questions end each chapter and prepare you for board examinations.
- Comprehensive coverage provides a solid foundation in head and neck anatomy, with an in-depth discussion of the TMJ and its role in dental health, plus additional material on the anatomy of local anesthesia and the spread of dental infection.
- Conversational writing style ensures that you easily comprehend complex anatomy and clinical application.
- Chapters are organized by anatomical systems of study so that discussions progress logically from overviews of the area to the specifics related to the head and neck, providing a solid foundation for learning.
- Detailed anatomical illustrations and clear, colorful photographs show models and patients within a clinical setting to support text descriptions and help ensure comprehension.
- Award-winning and trusted author Margaret Fehrenbach curates cutting-edge content and the latest evidence-based information.
- Key terms and their phonetic pronunciations are highlighted within the chapter and defined in a back-of-book glossary.
- A how-to appendix with accompanying photos shows you the steps to perform extraoral and intraoral patient examinations.
- Learning objectives open each chapter with goals to be accomplished, and serve as checkpoints for comprehension, skills mastery, and exam preparedness.
Human Neuroanatomy 2nd Edition
by James R. Augustine
Human Neuroanatomy, 2nd Edition is a comprehensive overview of the anatomy of the human brain and spinal cord. The book is written at a level to be of use as a text for advanced students and a foundational reference for researchers, clinicians in the field. Building on the foundations of first edition, this revision looks to increase user-friendliness and clinical applicability through improved figures and the addition of illustrative case studies. Written by James R. Augustine, with decades of experience teaching and researching in the field, Human Neuroanatomy, authoritatively covers this fundamental area of study within the neurosciences.
Human Anatomy Laboratory Manual with Cat Dissections 8th Edition
by Elaine N. Marieb
For the one-semester human anatomy laboratory course. Get the most out of your human anatomy lab With 30 exercises covering all body systems, a clear, engaging writing style, and full-color illustrations, Human Anatomy Laboratory Manual with Cat Dissections , Eighth Edition provides everything needed for a successful lab experience. This edition features new Visual Summary Tables for presenting complex information, new “Why This Matters” boxes that help relate the lab activity to a real-life or clinical example, new colored Review Sheet art, and new full-color, body movement photos.
Anatomy and Physiology For Dummies
by Erin Odya
Learn about the human body from the inside out Some people think that knowing about what goes on inside the human body can sap life of its mystery—which is too bad for them. Anybody who's ever taken a peak under the hood knows that the human body, and all its various structures and functions, is a realm of awe-inspiring complexity and countless wonders. The dizzying dance of molecule, cell, tissue, organ, muscle, sinew, and bone that we call life can be a thing of breathtaking beauty and humbling perfection. Anatomy & Physiology For Dummies combines anatomical terminology and function so you'll learn not only names and terms but also gain an understanding of how the human body works. Whether you're a student, an aspiring medical, healthcare or fitness professional, or just someone who's curious about the human body and how it works, this book offers you a fun, easy way to get a handle on the basics of anatomy and physiology.
- Understand the meaning of terms in anatomy and physiology
- Get to know the body's anatomical structures—from head to toe
- Explore the body's systems and how they interact to keep us alive
- Gain insight into how the structures and systems function in sickness and health