Arterial Blood Gases Made Easy: With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access, 2e 2nd Edition
by Iain A M Hennessey MBChB(Hons) BSc(Hons) MMIS FRCS (Author), Alan G Japp MBChB(Hons) BSc(Hons) MRCP PhD (Author)
Arterial blood gas (ABG) analysis is a fundamental skill in modern medicine yet one which many find difficult to grasp. This book provides readers with the core background knowledge required to understand the ABG, explains how it is used in clinical practice and provides a unique system for interpreting results. Over half of the book is devoted to thirty clinical case scenarios involving analysis of arterial blood gases, allowing the reader to gain both proficiency in interpretation and an appreciation of the role of an ABG in guiding clinical diagnosis and management.
- A practical guide written for all those who use this test and have to interpret the results.
- Utilises worked examples to allow the reader to gain confidence in interpreting ABGs and appreciate the usefulness of the test in a variety of different clinical settings.
- Written in a simple style and presents the concepts in a straightforward manner.
- Additional clinical case scenarios put the ABG into practice.
- Includes a video detailing how to take a sample. (6614)