The Washington Manual of Surgical Pathology Second Ed
by Peter A. Humphrey MD PhD (Author), Louis P. Dehner MD (Author), John D. Pfeifer MD PhD (Author)
Presented in the renowned, fast-access format of other Washington Manual® titles, this excellent book is a practical guide to the clinical practice of surgical pathology. This valuable resource covers all aspects of surgical pathology for every organ and anatomic site, including gross examination and dissection; microscopic diagnosis of medical as well as surgical diseases; tumor classification; and tumor staging. Separate chapters are devoted to ancillary surgical pathology techniques, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence microscopy, electron microscopy, frozen section diagnosis, flow cytometry, DNA and RNA based molecular methods, and imaging technologies. A companion Website offers the fully searchable text plus an image bank of more than 2700 figures.
Sternberg’s Diagnostic Surgical Pathology [2 – Volume Set] Sixth Ed
by Stacey E Mills MD (Author)
Visually stunning and thoroughly up to date, the sixth edition of Sternberg’s Diagnostic Surgical Pathology continues to set the standard for differential diagnosis of the surgical specimen. Offering the latest information on all currently known diseases, this classic two-volume reference presents advanced diagnostic techniques from a virtual “who’s who” of experts in the field – pathologists who provide authoritative guidance on the diagnostic evaluation of every type of specimen from every anatomic site. No matter what your level of training or experience, keeping Sternberg’s near your microscope is the next best thing to a personal consultation with a trusted colleague.Key Features
Rosai and Ackerman’s Surgical Pathology – 2 Volume Set 11th Ed
by John R. Goldblum MD FCAP FASCP FACG
For over 60 years, residents and practicing pathologists have turned to Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical Pathology for definitive guidance on every aspect of the field, delivered in a readable, easy-to-digest, and engaging manner. In the two-volume 11th Edition, a dynamic new author team ensures that this classic text retains its signature anecdotal style, while revising the content to bring you fully up to date. Widely used for board exam preparation, as well as for everyday reference in practice, this leading resource equips you to effectively and efficiently diagnose the complete range of neoplastic and non-neoplastic entities.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of the clinical prese
Practical Surgical Neuropathology: A Diagnostic Approach: A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series, Expert Consult: Online and Print 1st Ed
by Arie Perry MD (Author), Daniel J. Brat MD PhD (Author)
Practical Surgical Neuropathy―a volume in the new Pattern Recognition series― offers you a practical guide to solving the problems you encounter in the surgical reporting room. Drs. Arie Perry and Daniel J. Brat present diagnoses according to a pattern-based organization that guides you from a histological pattern, through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. Lavish illustrations capture key neuropathological patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions, and a "visual index" at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact location of in-depth diagnostic guidance. No other single source delivers the practical, hands-on information you need to solve even the toughest diagnostic challenges in neuropathology.
- Includes fully searchable access to the text online at expertconsult.com, along with an image bank of over 1430 downloadable images and tables.
- Provides all the information essential for completing a sign-out report: clinical findings, pathologic findings, diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Illustrates key pathologic and clinical aspects of disease entities through over 1430 superb, high-quality full-color images that help you evaluate and interpret biopsy samples.
- Presents a team of internationally recognized experts for authoritative and up-to-date information from leading diagnosticians in neuropathology.
- Features a user-friendly design with patterns color-coded to specific entities in the table of context and text and key points summarized in tables, charts, and graphs so you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for.
- Directs you to the chapter and specific page number of the in-depth diagnostic guidance you need through a unique, pattern-based visual index at the beginning of the book.
- Details key diagnostic features associated with rare and esoteric conditions in a visual encyclopedia with distinctive findings and artifacts for unusual patterns at the end of the book.
Practical Skin Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach: A Volume in the Pattern Recognition Series, Expert Consult: Online and Print 1st Ed
by James W Patterson MD (Author)
Practical Skin Pathology is the only dermatopathology reference that uses a systematic pattern recognition approach to help you achieve more accurate diagnoses of both neoplastic and non-neoplastic skin diseases. This volume in the Pattern Recognition Series helps you to efficiently and confidently evaluate even the most challenging skin diseases and lesions.
- Identify challenging types of skin cancer, including cutaneous lymphomas and melanocytic lesions, as well as non-neoplastic skin diseases such as panniculitis; drug eruptions, including reactions to newer chemotherapeutic agents; infectious diseases; and many more, with the only dermatopathology reference that uses a pattern recognition approach.
- Progress logically from the histologic pattern, through the appropriate workup, around the pitfalls, to the best diagnosis.
- Compare your clinical findings to more than 1,400 full-color, high-quality photos that capture the characteristic presentation of a full range of dermatopathology specimens.
- Access the fully searchable text and downloadable images online at Expert Consult.
Neuroanesthesia: A Problem-Based Learning Approach 1st Ed
by David E. Traul (Editor), Irene P. Osborn (Editor)
Neuroanesthesia: A Problem-Based Learning Approach provides an up-to-date and comprehensive review of the neuroanesthesia subspecialty. Its problem-based format incorporates a pool of practical, multiple-choice questions for self-assessment. Each of its 29 case-based chapters is accompanied by 10 questions and answers, accessible online in a full practice exam. The cases presented are also unique, as each chapter starts with a case description, usually a compilation of several actual cases; it then branches out through case-based questions, to increasingly complex situations. This structure is designed to create an authentic experience that mirrors that of an oral board examination. The discussion sections that follow offer a comprehensive approach to the chapter's subject matter, thus creating a modern, complete, and up-to-date medical review of that topic. This book is equally a solid reference compendium of neuroanesthesia topics and a comprehensive review to assist the general practitioner both in day-to-day practice and during preparation for certification exams. Its problem-based format makes it an ideal resource for the lifelong learner and the modern realities of education.
Maths, Physics and Clinical Measurement for Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 1st Ed
by Hozefa Ebrahim (Editor), David Ashton-Cleary (Editor)
Maths, physics and clinical measurement hold a degree of mystery and trepidation for many working and training in anaesthesia, intensive care and theatre practice. This important new book covers these core topics in a logical and structured format, creating a more enjoyable learning experience that is accessible and easy to digest. Each chapter opens with a set of learning objectives and summary of chapter contents. Following this is a clinical scenario that relates to the themes of the chapter and a number of hypothetical questions relating to the scenario are laid-out. Clinical pearls are presented in boxes for more advanced learning opportunities. Each chapter closes with a set of MCQ or SBA self-test questions to test the readers' knowledge of the chapter. This book covers everything needed for the FFICM and FRCA exams, making it an essential text for exam candidates, tutors, and those working in theatres, anaesthesia and the ICU.
Inhaled sedation in the intensive care unit: A new option and its technical prerequisites
by Andreas Meiser (Author)
Andreas Meiser summarizes the current literature on inhalation sedation of critically ill patients. To meet clinical demands, he describes the development of new devices to administer volatile anesthetics together with common ICU ventilators. Their basic principle is called anesthetic reflection. The author discusses advantages and drawbacks of these devices in line with clinical studies demonstrating advantages of inhaled versus intravenous ICU sedation.About the Author:Dr. med. Andreas Meiser is working as a consultant anesthesiologist on the interdisciplinary operative ICU of the Saarland University Medical Center. He has been a pioneer in the field of inhalation ICU sedation. He has been treating patients using the AnaConDa administration devices since 2004, and has published many original articles in scientific journals on the subject.
Rapid Review Pathology 5th Ed
by Edward F. Goljan MD (Author)
Whether you’re preparing for the USMLE Step 1, Step 2, or studying for course exams, Rapid Review Pathology, 5th Edition by acclaimed author Dr. Edward Goljan is your go-to guide for up-to-date, essential pathology information throughout medical school. User-friendly features that make this comprehensive review tool the top choice of students worldwide include an outline format, full-color layout, High-Yield Margin Notes, Key Points, and a strong clinical correlation throughout.